2009 Tahoe LTZ - Front Heated & Cooled Seats Don't Work (Relay clicks on and off again after 5 sec)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TimothyJ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all. I know there have been other posts similar to this, but I am wondering if someone can possibly help me diagnose my exact problem.

I have a 2009 Tahoe LTZ with roughly 112,000 miles on it. Just recently the heated and cooled seats (on both front driver and passenger seats) stopped working. The 2nd row heated seats work just fine.

When I turn on any of the heating or cooling functions (for either the driver or passenger seat) the associated panel light turns on and I hear the relay click. After roughly 5 seconds I hear the relay click again. The lights on the panel stay illuminated. At this point, no matter what button I push on either seat heat / cooling controls, I do not hear the relay click again. In order to get it to click, I need to shut off the vehicle and restart it. After doing so, the same thing will take place. After I push a heating / cooling controls button (no matter which button I push on the controls for either seat), the relay will click and then click off again after roughly 5 seconds.

I know I have read that the seat heating elements are usually the most common suspect related to heated seat issues, but since I am experiencing the exact same situation with all buttons on both seat controls, I am wondering if this might be related to a common control module of some kind.

Any input you could provide related to this, would be greatly appreciated. If I can help it, I would really like to be able to self diagnose this and make the repair myself.

Thank you in advance for your help!

OP
OP
TimothyJ

TimothyJ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
One more comment to add. When I press one of the heating / cooling controls buttons and hear the click, if I press other buttons before it clicks off, I can continue to push multiple buttons and hear the associated relay clicks. Once I let it sit idle for the (no mater which setting it is on) it will click off after roughly 5 seconds. Once this happens, then pressing the buttons will not result in a relay click unless I cycle the ignition.

In addition, it does appear that the driver and passenger controls appear to be somewhat independent (i.e. if I press a controls button on drivers door, hear the click, and subsequently here the second click after 5 seconds, pressing another drivers side controls button will not result in another relay click, but the pressing of a passenger controls button will in fact result in a relay clicking until the 5+ seconds is waited and the 2nd click takes place for the passenger side). Hopefully this makes sense!

Thank you again in advance for any input you can provide me with!

Mugs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you ever figure out the issue? I have a 2010 Yukon Denali and I am having exactly the same issue.

Atlfalcons47

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got a 2010 Tahoe with the same issues. My switch on the driver door works I hear my relay kicking on but shortly after kicks out. The seat attempts to get warm but kicks off. I've checked under the passenger seat took out the 12 prong plug and all looks good. Is there any advice someone has for a possible solution?

10Escalade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you ever figure out the issue? I have a 2010 Yukon Denali and I am having exactly the same issue.

I’m also having this same issue. First I had the burned pin problem. Fixed that but now I’m hearing the relay click on then it clicks back off after a few seconds. Exact same symptoms as OP.
HELP!!

10Escalade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Figured it out!
Blown 30 amp fuse in the fuse panel on the drivers end of the dash. Fuse # 24. Owners manual has it labeled as “Not Used”. Label on the back of the fuse panel cover has it labeled as “Cooled Seats”.
All is right with the world again!

Brett Hay

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I also have the same/similar problem.
My passenger seat cooling and heating seems to work fine, but drivers seat cooling only blows plain air, never cools, and the heater turns on, but off after a sec. I tested the drivers side cooler/heater blower and it works fine if pluged into passenger side. My fuses all seem fine, tested with continuity test. I bought and tested with a new heat/cool seat control module but no change. My ground pin, and all pins for that matter dont appear burnt.
With my old heat/cool seat control module if I messed with the wires going into module connection it would sometimes stop any function, ie the drivers side blower fan even would cut out, and even the passenger side everything, but wiggling the wires with new module doesn't do that anymore, but still my drivers heat cuts out and air never turns cool.
What am i missing, besides possibly bad wiring?
I would replace harnesses if needed. I just bought this truck and would like to get it working completely!
FYI, its a 2010 Chevy Subruban LTZ. Thanks and I'd appreciate any help guys.

derekpaw24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone figured out this issue? My 2010 Tahoe is doing the same thing. Also rear captain chair on drivers side does not heat either. ANyone have any ideas. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon