2009 Tahoe LTZ Drivers Blend door Broken

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petro55

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all,

Just bought a 2009 Tahoe LTZ with a 6.2. The Drivers side HVAC is always hot(even with ac on high). Please see below for things I have tried

1. Replaced drivers blend door actuator
2. Tried the reset procedure.
3. When I try to manually rotate the blend door I can tell it is either broken or binding on something in the Evaporator box.

Next step is to replace the Evaporator box I presume? Looking for some ideas or directions on how to remove and replace(Hope I dont have to take the whole dash off?). Also thought about trying to cut a hole in the box to see what is going on with the blend door.

Any thoughts are welcome.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy Mike and welcome to the forum. Get yourself a subscription to AllDataDIY for the diagrams and shop manual. Do you have access to a good scan tool that read BCM codes? The code for the offending actuator/door is stored in memory and why it's not working. Where do you live? Maybe someone on here lives nearby and has one?

Post up some pics when you can, and enjoy that unicorn. GM made less than 600 of those.

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
B0228 is for the recirculate actuator.
B0413 is for the drivers air temperature actuator.
B0423 is for the passenger air temperature actuator.
B0433 is for the auxiliary air temperature actuator.
B3779 is for the mode actuator.
B3782 is for the auxiliary mode actuator.

89018365 Air Inlet Valve Actuator Behind Glove Box Above Blower Motor Installed Vertically and Facing Left Side
89018374 Mode Valve Actuator Behind Navigation Left of Center Vents Installed Vertically and Facing Left Side
89018375 Temperature Valve Actuator - Driver's Side Passenger Footwell Towards Console Installed On Bottom and Facing Down
89018375 Temperature Valve Actuator - Passenger Side Behind Navigations Right of Center Vents Installed Horizontally On Top

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhefner

Latest posts