2009 Tahoe headlight issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ben_AK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2009 Tahoe, every since I have had it there has been light issues. Right after I picked it up it started burning bulbs out. Not all at once but mainly the passengers side fog and low beam. So I paid a company a lot of money to put leds in for the low beams and went to GTR lighting for the fog lights and we are still going through bulbs. The companies that I got the leds through have been really good to us in replacing the bulbs but it is getting very old replacing them all the time. I do have mechanical skills but am no good when it comes to electrical. Please help us with this issue because it is very annoying! Thanks in advance!

Vanquish Auto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
202 Wallace Ave N Unit 12 Lehigh Acres FL 33971
If you want to get it done right and don’t have to worry if it’s the vehicle or the products then I suggest you to start on a clean slate and do relays for both lows and fogs. I’m not going to ask you to post pictures of the products you are currently using because I don’t know them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be a wiring issue. Too much resistance perhaps

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Ben_AK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It
Hello, I’m sorry to hear about the bulb issues. I wonder if it’s the product or the actual vehicle.

It is the vehicle, the bulbs and gear used is high dollar and have been switched out for different and newer styles.

Vanquish Auto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
202 Wallace Ave N Unit 12 Lehigh Acres FL 33971
I just had a customer that cane to us to fix his lights after paying $400+ for 2 set of lights and installation worth $60. Paying more sometimes doesn’t mean you’re getting the best as it should be. I hope I can help you any way I can. You might be able to get just relay harnesses and continue to run those lights. if they keep going out after that then you know it’s the lights.

ChuckC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I have this problem with my '09 Yukon Hybrid. The driver side low beam has gone out about 4 times and the passenger side. I have tried user better bulbs (Sylvania SilverStar) but it keeps happening. And it's such a pain in the ass to change the damn things!

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I have this problem with my '09 Yukon Hybrid. The driver side low beam has gone out about 4 times and the passenger side. I have tried user better bulbs (Sylvania SilverStar) but it keeps happening. And it's such a pain in the ass to change the damn things!
check your ground wires sounds like something found another path via the headlight
and the headlight is popping like a fuse..

electricity prefers taking the path of lest resistance and the headlight bulb happens to be the path of least resistance.

Last edited: