2008 Z71 Suburban, 7.5" Lift, 35s No Trim, More

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just seeing this but yes the rear drop brackets will fix all of those issues. I had all of them, including the TC issues. But then the POS 5.3 dropped a lifter and ruined the motor. So then I bought a 2015 tahoe; and it did the same thing, out of warranty. Self paid for the $3000 repair, and sold it. Probably done with GM forever.
2 trucks you owned ‘dropped’ a lifter... you have some luck buddy...ever think above turning off afm or deleting it entirely?

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Just seeing this but yes the rear drop brackets will fix all of those issues. I had all of them, including the TC issues. But then the POS 5.3 dropped a lifter and ruined the motor. So then I bought a 2015 tahoe; and it did the same thing, out of warranty. Self paid for the $3000 repair, and sold it. Probably done with GM forever.

Sucks that's what happened to the burb and new hoe. I would say that's a very rare thing to happen especially on the new hoe. My Denali is still running good and plan to get a newer body sometime.

OP
OP
battlewagon

battlewagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 trucks you owned ‘dropped’ a lifter... you have some luck buddy...ever think above turning off afm or deleting it entirely?

Both were bought used, and the mileage on the truck already set it up for failure. This isnt uncommon, and hasnt improved at all in the new generation 14/15+ trucks. The 2015 was even worse than my 2008 suburban. The 2015 not only had developing head issues, the cam was destroyed. It required a complete strip-to-block-machine-shop and new bearings, etc.

VORTECMAX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Great looking suburban. I'm looking for some help. I recently installed same kit on my wife's 2007 Tahoe. Drivability and handling is horrible. Rear end feels sloppy and get same "floating" feeling. So much so that we both don't enjoy or feel safe driving it. What is the part number to pro comp rear trailing arm drop brackets? Also the traction control/abs kicks on when take turns. Was told this was do to larger tire size? installing a hypertec programmer would fix issue?

Wife's grocery getter below
2007 Tahoe 2wd
7.5" RC lift with lift struts up front no spacer
20x10 -22 fuel nutz
295/70/20 pro comp AT (33x12)

Thanks for help in advance

View attachment 187262 View attachment 187263
Great looking suburban. I'm looking for some help. I recently installed same kit on my wife's 2007 Tahoe. Drivability and handling is horrible. Rear end feels sloppy and get same "floating" feeling. So much so that we both don't enjoy or feel safe driving it. What is the part number to pro comp rear trailing arm drop brackets? Also the traction control/abs kicks on when take turns. Was told this was do to larger tire size? installing a hypertec programmer would fix issue?

Wife's grocery getter below
2007 Tahoe 2wd
7.5" RC lift with lift struts up front no spacer
20x10 -22 fuel nutz
295/70/20 pro comp AT (33x12)

Thanks for help in advance

View attachment 187262 View attachment 187263
did you ever fix the issue with the tahoe been sloppy on the rear end? is so what did you do thanks!

scottbrew92

Reaction score
I have an 07 Tahoe Z-71 4X4 with the RC 7.5” Lift and am having the same drivability problems. Almost undrivable at highway speeds. I replaced both UCA’s with the RC’s and it did improve the ride but didn’t help with the sway problem. Just ordered the Procomp rear drop brackets hoping that will solve the issue.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I have an 07 Tahoe Z-71 4X4 with the RC 7.5” Lift and am having the same drivability problems. Almost undrivable at highway speeds. I replaced both UCA’s with the RC’s and it did improve the ride but didn’t help with the sway problem. Just ordered the Procomp rear drop brackets hoping that will solve the issue.

Brackets will help a lot. 1.5” wheel spacers for the rear do too. Then sway bars are the next step to really tighten it up. Also through some 5100 shocks on too.

Arch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Brackets will help a lot. 1.5” wheel spacers for the rear do too. Then sway bars are the next step to really tighten it up. Also through some 5100 shocks on too.
Had the same problem as everyone else here with the "floating" at higher speeds on my 07 Tahoe LT 4x4. RC 7.5 of course.
I purchased and installed the procomp drop brackets, 5100 series shocks, Hotchkis sway bars, and other minor parts.
Having a hell of a time getting the bolts off the stock sway bar bushing brackets of all things. Had no major issues with any of the other bolts but these little 6 or 8mm bolts are not budging. Also moving the axel around without a commercial frame lift is a neat trick as well. The only two major problems thus far.
I will keep you guys in the loop when I get it back on the road.

2007 Chevy Tahoe.PNG

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Had the same problem as everyone else here with the "floating" at higher speeds on my 07 Tahoe LT 4x4. RC 7.5 of course.
I purchased and installed the procomp drop brackets, 5100 series shocks, Hotchkis sway bars, and other minor parts.
Having a hell of a time getting the bolts off the stock sway bar bushing brackets of all things. Had no major issues with any of the other bolts but these little 6 or 8mm bolts are not budging. Also moving the axel around without a commercial frame lift is a neat trick as well. The only two major problems thus far.
I will keep you guys in the loop when I get it back on the road.

View attachment 218870

Glad you got all the right parts! Let us know how it performs compared to before

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518