2008 Yukon with LQ4 Engine Mod Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BPopilek

Reaction score
So I am in the process of building an LQ4 6.0l block, out of my friend's 2000 Silverado 2500, for my truck. I have a couple questions that I am looking for some guidance on.

Since the truck it is going into is a 2008, I know that some of the sensors are completely different or found in alternate locations. Since this is my first major build, I wanted to see if there was a list or if anyone knew of what directly will bolt right back up, what needs to be moved, and if anything needs to be drilled and tapped.

For instance. I know the new motor has knock sensors in the valley cover, and my current engine has them in a different location. Can I use the current setup with new sensors, do I swap them for the newer sensor, or do I have to drill and tap new locations? so far, I got the block back from being tanked and bored 30 over, and new cam bearings installed. The crank has been turned and everything balanced. I'm just getting ready for assembly and want to have everything figured out in advance. Thanks!

SuperDave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Time to bring this back from the dead.

Did you ever figure this out, I'm in the research phase on getting my swap done. So far what scares me is the reluctor wheel on the crankshaft. Any tips on tackling that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9