2008 Yukon Denali alarm going off for no reason?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had this happen? It happened twice over the weekend in single digit temperatures. One FOB was hanging on a hook, and another in my wife's purse, so no chance in hitting those on accident. When she started it later the horn honked a few times I assume to tell me the alarm was triggered. Any ides?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had this happen? It happened twice over the weekend in single digit temperatures. One FOB was hanging on a hook, and another in my wife's purse, so no chance in hitting those on accident. When she started it later the horn honked a few times I assume to tell me the alarm was triggered. Any ides?
Chalk it up to cold temps, battery prob low.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Cold temps cause metal to contract. These trucks have a switch on the hood that lets you know if the hood is not latched and also the door jamb switches that turn on your dome lights... perhaps one of these switches was affected by the cold temps and the metal inside shrunk just enough to think one of them opened.... just a thought.

OP
OP
02Lightning

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cold temps cause metal to contract. These trucks have a switch on the hood that lets you know if the hood is not latched and also the door jamb switches that turn on your dome lights... perhaps one of these switches was affected by the cold temps and the metal inside shrunk just enough to think one of them opened.... just a thought.
That was my first thought, but I have no idea how to track it down.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
That was my first thought, but I have no idea how to track it down.

DVOM... check the hood switch for continuity with the latch open and then again with the latch closed (hood open) try to do the test when it is super cold out... if there is no change in it, meaning you have continuity with it open and closed while cold then that is your culprit... if not move on to the door switches. You could also take a heat gun/hair dryer to the hood latch after your initial readings and see if it changes when warmed up. Good luck and let us know what you figure out.

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
No addons to your system, like a shock or tilt sensor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk