2008 Yukon Denali, 135k miles, part 2!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once I get the Yukon stable I'll do the other car.

Long tubes and a tune on this is good for 500hp at the crank.

Given my track record that should only take a few months....

3sktO03.jpg

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Open headers test. WIN! I tried to scare my dogs and make my wife mad, but she was spinning the Kitchen Aid so she tuned me out. Nice work man.

Nice work to you too! Trust me, it wasn't worth the pissed off wife.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, mine has some thing completely different than the 2 bolt connection. I cut it off my old ypipe (cat) and had it welded to the ypipe, I had a buddy replace all the slip fittings with vbands. I can pull it out without having to take down the xmember

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, mine has some thing completely different than the 2 bolt connection. I cut it off my old ypipe (cat) and had it welded to the ypipe, I had a buddy replace all the slip fittings with vbands. I can pull it out without having to take down the xmember

Thats really smart to get the vbands.

I also need to find a way to get a cat on. I'll still tune out the rear sensors but the environment, yo.

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I fired it up. Sounds pretty nasty. Hope not too loud. I think some of the sounds were from not tightening the bands enough. Stock muffler with resonator delete fwiw.

I'll button things up here and there throughout the week.

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard back from Speed Engineering. Turns out the 6.2 application is part of the "May require cutting and welding" warning. There is only the one adapter in the kit.

No worries. Speed Engineering was responsive, helpful, and cheap!

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had a MASSIVE storm rolling in last night. Hail and tornadoes were reported. Sky turning green and all that with swirling. Sorry Yukon, the Lexus gets the garage.

I did a marathon garage clean up and finishing of the bare essentials to get the Yukon rolling again. I was drenched with sweat after. I made it seconds before shit hit the fan.

GUjamjG.png

That said I was able to get a short vid this morning of a cold start with some light revving at the end. Man too loud and stinky. I think I'll add a cat.

Also anyone know of short O2 sensors? Does that exist? Driver side I think is hitting the body.

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a big exhaust leak off the driver's header. I'm sure that's what's making everything so loud. I'll fix tomorrow when it's not so damn hot out.

I'm scoping out some catalytic converter options. $$$ Sigh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011