2008 Tahoe Hybrid Codes POAC4 and P061B

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

llewop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there a control module that could cause stalling and starting and reving of the gas engine? I have also coded PO61B POAC4. The dealership service dept. couldn't tell me anything that made sense. They said the battery could be going out.
It sure seems like a controller going out instead ...
If GM doesn't know how these things work .... who does???

Rockytfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a control module that could cause stalling and starting and reving of the gas engine? I have also coded PO61B POAC4. The dealership service dept. couldn't tell me anything that made sense. They said the battery could be going out.
It sure seems like a controller going out instead ...
If GM doesn't know how these things work .... who does???

Just trying to help here...and noticed you are reviving a very old thread. Here are a few resources to help answer your question:

http://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/f69/2008-tahoe-hybrid-codes-poac4-p061b-28322/

http://www.aboutautomobile.com/DTC/P061B/Chevrolet

Does this help at all?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tiktok4321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but it seems as though any time these two codes are thrown, it's an imbalanced battery - therefore, a replacement is necessary.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what i have learned so far the POAC4 indicates a 1.5 volt differential in the module voltages inside the battery pack. There are 40 modules so you may have one bad one or possibly a lot more. It takes a lot of bad stuff to set off a code in a GM hybrid battery pack so if you see a POAC4 you probably need to start saving for a replacement hybrid battery. You can drive for months or years on a deteriorated battery but the semi stalling can be dangerous plus the strain on all other components can cause preliminary wear. A nice new battery would LOOK good in there man OOPS well I guess it cannot be seen but it will make you FEEL good LOL

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL I guess for most people that would be a sell signal but for me Naw I bought the ole ** recently dirt cheap and I like it. She is already depreciated from 54 MSRP down to 6k not much further it can go. I found a new battery pack with new modules and ordered it last week (it has NEW modules not reconditioned old modules) and it should be in tomorrow. My old battery pack actually seems to still be fairly useable. I only had one episode where it acted up for a short while a few weeks back. Thinking about experimenting with the old one after I pull it out for a few days before shipping it back as a core. Would probably be valuable info for all the owners out there to see how their own battery "may" be holding up by comparison. I will make an attempt to get and post up some data. Lots of people seem to think that the GM battery management abuses the modules more than the Toyota Prius systems which coincidentally uses the same Primearth Prismatic NP2 Panasonic NiMH modules as the GM Two Mode. My theory is that GM is utilizing a higher and lower max min charge level to try to get more power out of the pack. Very useful to move a 6200lb behemoth (like a tahoe) around. The feather lite Prius (aka penalty boxes) are easy to roll Haha Now I just have to figure out an easy reliable way to test the individual modules. Lots of info on the net so doing some current research.