2008 Tahoe Elctrical issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Isaiah Morgan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m new to the forum, and have a few questions about my Tahoe. I have 08 Tahoe 4x4 lt, with 82,000 Miles. I am having some electrical issues.
Yesterday when I started it and started driving and noticed the speedometer wasn’t working or any of the gauges. So I pulled over and shut it off and turned it back on same problem. Then I disconnected the negative battery cable and connected it back, problem solved.
I get back in it this morning the blower motor wouldn’t work, drove a little ways down the road it started working. Then also when I switch my lights from dim to high the radio shuts off. Any one had theses problems? Wondering if someone could point me in right direction.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also make sure your battery is properly charged and the alternator is working properly. They could create all kinds of headaches, too.

OP
OP
I

Isaiah Morgan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had autozone test my battery and alternator about a month ago, they both checked out good. I will have it rechecked to be sure. Does anyone have a good picture diagram of all the ground wires and where there located so I can make sure I check them all?

retiredsparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do find all the grounds and they are good---even if the battery checks out, a last ditch thing to try is replace the battery. Internal electrical noise from a battery can cause strange symptoms. This is not likely to be your problem, but I have fixed strange symptoms this way.