2008 hybrid problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

labelblack68

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have a 2008 tahoe hybrid that i bought three months ago used with 86000 miles and love it, but have had many problems already. Including needed a new tps throttle pedal assembly, dvd screen would work intermitaly, and now it has thrown a code for catalytic coverters being clogged. The replaced the dvd unit with a remaufactured unit that now has a bunch of options not programmed on it and are in the middle of sending me the second unit that i will have to switch out. But my real question is has anyone had to replace the converters yet? I was backing out the other day and it puffed smoke like i blew a head gasket, then all of a sudden quit and acted completely normal. But it has been using oil. Its been through 2 quarts in three months of owning it. Im familiar with the ls motor and is why i wanted a tahoe, but im baffled on this one.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi jared,

Although I had a HyHoe a while back, i'm not familiar with these issues.

You might want to ask your cats question on this forum as there are more GM Hybrid SUV experts there, including some who work on the design of these trucks: http://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/f69/

Cheers!

Rockytfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't experienced any of the problems you mentioned...

canuc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have a 2008 tahoe hybrid that i bought three months ago used with 86000 miles and love it, but have had many problems already. Including needed a new tps throttle pedal assembly, dvd screen would work intermitaly, and now it has thrown a code for catalytic coverters being clogged. The replaced the dvd unit with a remaufactured unit that now has a bunch of options not programmed on it and are in the middle of sending me the second unit that i will have to switch out. But my real question is has anyone had to replace the converters yet? I was backing out the other day and it puffed smoke like i blew a head gasket, then all of a sudden quit and acted completely normal. But it has been using oil. Its been through 2 quarts in three months of owning it. Im familiar with the ls motor and is why i wanted a tahoe, but im baffled on this one.

canuc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hello im new to this site i have an 09 yukon hybrid and my converter was replaced in dec last year code was showing 2 fins that were defective around 1800 i think i paid at the dealer thats in ontario canuc dollars no oil burning issues yet hope u find out the cause gd luck