2008 GMC yukon. What should I get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jguil14

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just got a 2008 yukon and want to put a leveling kit on it. Not sure what size or brand kit I should go with, and if I should put on blocks on the back also. It is a 2WD yukon, should I go with 2" or 2.5" to get a good high front look? And I'm looking to fit 275/70/17 BFG All-terrains on it. Any advice or help would be great thanks

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

Also, if I should install it myself. I have done plenty of body lift installs but haven't messed with anything having to do with suspensions. How difficult is it?

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go with 2.5" front and 1.5" rear spacers. I have CCM ~$125. The rears are easy to install. The fronts are a little more effort and I would recommend a spring compressor.

FYI, blocks are for leaf springs.

OP
OP
J

jguil14

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
what about a rear after stock stablizer (sway bar)? I've seen a few people who are saying that once you put the leveling kit on in the back on turns the car leans a good bit.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far I have not seen any one complain about the truck leaning more after the level kit. I definetly did not experience that, the ride was the same.

First drive it with the level kit only. If you think there is too much body roll, then get the upgrade sway bar. There are only a couple on here that have installed both. FYI, your choice of tire (especially with a relatively high sidewall) will greatly affect roll in which an aftermarket sway bar may have little affect.

Just my 2 cents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J2PDeweese