2007 YUKON REAR WINDOW HATCH/REAR WIPER

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JOHNGMCYUKON

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Yukon and recently the rear wiper stopped working as well as the rear hatch window. I cannot open the rear hatch window with either the remote or the button on the tailgate. I can see confirmation via the rear taillights when I press the button on the remote but no window. As far as the rear wiper, I checked the fuse and it's good. Also listening to see if the motor is trying to work and I hear nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John

osiris94ej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Defroster, lic lights working? Have you checked the wiring in the boot that connects the body to the gate? Common area for broken wires. If the wiring isn't broken and if you have access to a scanner and can watch body control data, watch the rear hatch open/close. If the bcm sees the hatch isn't closed all the way it doesn't allow any other functions on the gate to work.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

JOHNGMCYUKON

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Defroster, lic lights working? Have you checked the wiring in the boot that connects the body to the gate? Common area for broken wires. If the wiring isn't broken and if you have access to a scanner and can watch body control data, watch the rear hatch open/close. If the bcm sees the hatch isn't closed all the way it doesn't allow any other functions on the gate to work.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I did check the wiring in the boot. All looked good. I'll verify the Lic lights and defroster. Thx.

jeaLs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but did you have any luck fixing this issue? My 07 Tahoe is experiencing the same issues. Wiper not worker nor will the glass window pop open. It just snowed so I can check the window defroster soon. All the fuses are good. And the boot holding the wires seems to be in decent shape, nothing damaged that I can see. My question is, how do I replace the motor or even get access to it without being able to open the window?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but did you have any luck fixing this issue? My 07 Tahoe is experiencing the same issues. Wiper not worker nor will the glass window pop open. It just snowed so I can check the window defroster soon. All the fuses are good. And the boot holding the wires seems to be in decent shape, nothing damaged that I can see. My question is, how do I replace the motor or even get access to it without being able to open the window?
But the hatch opens right? Open hatch, pull plastics and all you need is in the lower half of the hatch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep