2007 Yukon Navigation Disc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I learned a long time ago not to purchase knock-offs and then expect the owner of the software to address any issues I had with the product. So, I paid the $179 for my updated disk for my 2008 Tahoe. After a career of a hospital administrator, now retired, I developed the habit of assuring what I purchased was the best thing for the patients. And if it was a good enough policy for my patients, it was certainly good enough for me.

I understand and agree with you seeking and expecting the best for your patients. But, we're not talking about human lives here. It's an $8 bootleg copy of a program to keep a crappy OEM navigation system marginally functional at best. I'd risk the $8 a few times over before ever paying $179 for the real deal. For $179, I could get a super nice Garmin that's even more up-to-date, has tons more features, is far easier to use, is further updateable, etc. than the OEM nav will ever be.

Nashoba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
iamdub, I already have a nice Garmin unit that I used before I bought the update a couple months ago. I just have trouble with things that do not work as advertised and holding people and companies accountable for what they do or sell or support, etc. I have a grand daughter who drives, (I gave her my 2011 Silverado that had 9166 miles on it for her sixteenth birthday last year), and her vehicle has no navigator. Therefore, I have the Garmin unit to "loan" her on occasion. And I need the Tahoe nav to be working properly. So, as I tend to not trust knock-off, "real deal" stuff, I was comfortable updating the Tahoe with OEM stuff that can and will be supported by GM. We all have different reasons for what we do. What works for you may not work for me. And, as an after thought, we very well could be talking about human lives is someone is relying of a back channel nav set that sends them the wrong way down a one way highway lane.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received my cheap update disc yesterday and will load today if there's time. Will advise.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After 8 careful attempts at updating my nav with my $8 ebay disc, no go.
"Disc read error"

Your mileage may vary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts