2007 Yukon Denali Build (This got outta hand really quick...)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ddubdb3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol this thread is crazy! Your not kidding when you say got outta hand quick! I'm subscribed and waiting for this blower install. Are you a mechanic yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol this thread is crazy! Your not kidding when you say got outta hand quick! I'm subscribed and waiting for this blower install. Are you a mechanic yourself?

I was an ASE Master Tech for awhile, didn't keep up with the certs/tests though ... I went to Northwestern Ohio and got a degree in High Performance Technology, graduated in early 2005. Went straight to work for ET Performance here in Walled Lake MI doing 4 & 5 Axis CNC machining, C5R/LSx, JM Striker Viper Heads, 6.1/6.2L Hemi for Mopar Performance & Harley head porting and air flow development. I did a ton of stuff there, including the now RHS LSx head is technically all my work. I did the very first few sets for comp cams before they purchased the design. Mast Motorsports got some of the work as well since one of the owners split ways and now works for them. I worked for ET Performance till we went out of business because of porosity in our head castings causing water leaks. We refused to send out castings to china which probably would have saved the business. The local foundry in Muskegon just could not get the castings to stop leaking regardless of the tooling changes we made. Ultimately customers got pissed and we went out of business with hundreds of sets of useless heads. I then went on the work for LSM Engineering working on the same Makino A81 CNC Machines. I got to do some cool ass shit there. I learned how to machine billet engine blocks as well as cam grinds and billet camshafts (they do a good chunk of custom grinds for comp cams). Since my accident in my 67 Camaro in 2009 I had two spine surgeries all of this turned in to more of a hobby and I went in to business for myself doing computer repair. My business is Nerd For Hire but I am currently closed due to my two concussions from my two recent accidents. I basically can do anything if someone shows me how to do it once. I'm not a fabricator but I can weld. I have a friend whose shop I am using and he is my fabricator for my Camaro and this Yukon project. Luckily the Yukon is pretty much all bolt on stuff and has been going pretty smooth...

Last edited:
OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, sorry for the long ass week with no updates... Unfortunately my transmission builder had 2 deaths in his family which set me back all last week which is honestly the least of my issues when your talking about deaths in the family. In addition to his issues, I tossed out my back repackaging up all the PowerStop brakes (3x 50lb packages) to send back after looking at the shit ass powered coating job. I decided just to order the rotors and pads and paint the calipers myself. It seems PowerStop does not prep the calipers at all (maybe they dip them before?) and the quality control isn't that great. I wasn't about to put a set of calipers on my truck that were already showing signs of wear and chipping.

Anyways, now that the funerals are all over with, my transmission should be done tomorrow night (Mon) if I'm able to drop off all the parts to him tomorrow. I changed my plan around since I have the suspension finished I would like to get the transmission in the truck on a stock tune and drive it for a week to make sure everything is good to go for the blower installation. Kind of a pain since the intake is already off but it's really not that much more work for piece of mind when it comes to the transmission and the amount of abuse I will be putting it through.

Heres a few pics, not many... I will get a lot more when I do the blower install and when I power wash everything and its all clean and pretty. It's been a rough week on my head and back. Hope you enjoy as much as I have.

20170521080613-3fc5063e-me.jpg

20170521080635-7a6543bb-me.jpg

Anyone know of a good BRUSH on caliper paint?

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did decide to get a catch can even though my chassis builder who also worked for GM told me it wasn't necessary with a NON DOD engine. The factory GM PVC system is supposed to handle 5 grams/hr I believe is what he said... I didn't wanna take any chances with adding the LSA.

catchcans.com

20170521080708-6523acbb-me.jpg

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kooks Headers went in really easy, almost too easy lol... I left the one broken bolt on the far back passenger side. I guess I will see if it leaks this week when I drive it around breaking in the transmission and if it's an issue, the head will get pulled when I do the blower install. I really don't want to crack open this motor as everything else looks great for a motor with 150k miles. It looks like it's ready for another 100k easy...

20170521080652-26be0ec6-me.jpg

20170521080631-3bf661d6-me.jpg

20170521080617-d569774a-me.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Intake Manifold had to come off just to get off ONE top bell housing bolt so I could pull the transmission. I really just wanted to toss on the LSA and start tuning but the common sense in me says to break in the transmission first and make sure everything is rock solid before I add another 150 - 200hp... I can wait another week and honestly just wanna see how she sits and how this truck handles now. I should have the transmission installed and everything buttoned up by Tuesday/Wednesday and I will test drive it for the rest of the week/weekend and then start on the LSA immediately. I might even plan a road trip this week just to get some miles on the transmission so I can get started quicker lol.

Dirty I know... Everything needs to be power washed. Will update...

20170521080648-93df26a0-me.jpg

ddubdb3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good stuff! I am diggin this thread!!

juan84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't remember is this awd ? If so how's the clearance with the headers

sent from galaxy s6

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't remember is this awd ? If so how's the clearance with the headers

sent from galaxy s6
It is an AWD but I have not reinstalled the transfer case yet. These headers are supposed to work without issues according to Kooks and it doesn't look like there would be a problem at all... Have the Kooks Y Pipes to finish it off and a Magnaflow muffler. Not gonna replace the factory cat back pipe as with my 6.2L it's already 3.5" stainless and most aftermarket kits except Borla I think go down to 3". Should sound awesome I just hope my daughter doesn't hate me for too long and that it doesn't make my migraines worse. The things we do for performance, man I love going fast lol...

DenaliEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the deaths, and the pains. Hopefully things go quick with the blower install and we can see you chirp all 4 tires! lol.