2007 Yukon Denali Build (This got outta hand really quick...)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you could have used the ctsv rails as well and just flipped the rail around, that way, the inlet would be on the drivers side as well. Where did you get your zr1/ls9 rail from? Pace performance has them, but its about 240 plus shipping.

oh, and what are you going to do about your fuel pump?

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you could have used the ctsv rails as well and just flipped the rail around, that way, the inlet would be on the drivers side as well. Where did you get your zr1/ls9 rail from? Pace performance has them, but its about 240 plus shipping.

oh, and what are you going to do about your fuel pump?
Got my rail from the same guys that hooked me up on the LSA blower... NextGen performance. They make the pulley kit as well. I was able to get the fuel rail from them cheaper than a CTS V one so it made sense to me. They think my pump will be fine. I'm not gonna mess with it till I do some logging with HP Tuners. We shall see soon enough... Getting started on the suspension tomorrow at 10am and only expect it to take a day and a half. Transmission maybe an extra day or two. LSA should be getting started by Tuesday at the latest I would assume at this point.

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a little update today... All the suspension is pretty much finished. The Spohn rear kit went in great, had little to no issue with the front as well. Minor hiccup with one wheel bearing, ended up having to order both front bearings and they will be in tomorrow/Monday. I will get it all back together and on the ground to see how it sits then and snap a few pictures... I'm a little disappointed I couldn't get the PowerStop brakes on today because the powder coat job wasn't the best IMO (pics below). I am waiting to see if they are sending me a new set of calipers and should know tomorrow as well. I will have transmission out tomorrow and will keep updating from there. Started this late Friday and only have 2 half days wrenching. Replaced both front struts/spindles, front and rear sway bars and complete rear bar package. Also replaced all the other front components with Moog replacement parts (Tie Rod ends & Sway Bar End Links)

Original Struts Front Right Blown Out @ 150k Miles
20170507123857-177149ba-me.jpg

20170507123920-9704c0ed-me.jpg

Out with the old:
20170507123915-12e182e9-me.jpg

And the new BellTech 2" +/- Struts:

20170507123853-3cccae0d-me.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow I will have wheel bearings and will get it on the ground and see how she sits. I will possibly lower it more up front but who knows how it will sit. I should also have the transmission dropped out and ready for a rebuild which means I can get started on the LSA build as well. I might have to pull the head on the drivers side to get out a broken header bolt or two but no big deal. I'm actually considering pushing off the LSA install for 2 weeks so I can drive it with the suspension and help a friend tow a Jeep from Delaware before he loses it. I will be deciding this week, I'd rather not put it off but don't want to rush the testing and tuning either.

Forgot the pics of the brakes... Seems Power Stop doesn't do ANY prep to these calipers before powder coating them. A little disappointing but they really didn't cost much. I don't know if a new set from them will be any better... Any one else have them???

20170507123945-537e0308-me.jpg

20170507123942-6d868f14-me.jpg

20170507123939-72814ee9-me.jpg

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Small update today with not that many pictures... I have a migraine from hell and will post another update tomorrow with better pics. A few days ago I finished the suspension up and got the new front wheel bearings installed. Transfer case came out as well as the drive shaft so the Transmission can come out for the rebuild. Still deciding how crazy I want to get with rebuilding it since I am very ******* my trucks and AWD launches aren't easy on a trans with 600 - 650hp. Transfer case will always be the weak link but I don't wanna rebuild this transmission again. Right now I am leaning towards a PATC Level 3 rebuild kit that comes with 300M Billet Shaft and welded hubs included.

Anyways, here is a pic with the long tube Kooks installed on the Drivers side. Both are installed and will snap better pics in the AM.

20170511184824-d569774a-me.jpg

Everything came out really easy, pretty clean underneath for 150k miles...
20170511184827-91dfeae4-me.jpg

20170511184841-c4276c51-me.jpg

I tried to snap pictures as best as I could but I was working and covered in grease even with gloves on... Didn't really wanna get my new phone covered in dirt... As you can see in the back of this picture, I had to take off the intake manifold to get the top bell-housing bolt off so the LSA will be going on in the next day or two. I will get pics from the top side in the AM.

20170511184845-7d8d1aea-me.jpg

Transmission out for rebuild... How crazy should I get is the question for today.
20170511184901-1a4c66f0-me.jpg

The PowerStop Rotors are on as well but I didn't take pictures yet. I decided to return the calipers because the shit ass power-coat job. I will just end up painting them. Any suggestions here? Brush on vs Spray? I will try to post more tomorrow or over the weekend. It's been tough with my concussions... Feel free to ask questions and I will answer to my best ability.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Small update today with not that many pictures... I have a migraine from hell and will post another update tomorrow with better pics. A few days ago I finished the suspension up and got the new front wheel bearings installed. Transfer case came out as well as the drive shaft so the Transmission can come out for the rebuild. Still deciding how crazy I want to get with rebuilding it since I am very ******* my trucks and AWD launches aren't easy on a trans with 600 - 650hp. Transfer case will always be the weak link but I don't wanna rebuild this transmission again. Right now I am leaning towards a PATC Level 3 rebuild kit that comes with 300M Billet Shaft and welded hubs included.

Anyways, here is a pic with the long tube Kooks installed on the Drivers side. Both are installed and will snap better pics in the AM.

20170511184824-d569774a-me.jpg

Everything came out really easy, pretty clean underneath for 150k miles...
20170511184827-91dfeae4-me.jpg

20170511184841-c4276c51-me.jpg

I tried to snap pictures as best as I could but I was working and covered in grease even with gloves on... Didn't really wanna get my new phone covered in dirt... As you can see in the back of this picture, I had to take off the intake manifold to get the top bell-housing bolt off so the LSA will be going on in the next day or two. I will get pics from the top side in the AM.

20170511184845-7d8d1aea-me.jpg

Transmission out for rebuild... How crazy should I get is the question for today.
20170511184901-1a4c66f0-me.jpg

The PowerStop Rotors are on as well but I didn't take pictures yet. I decided to return the calipers because the shit ass power-coat job. I will just end up painting them. Any suggestions here? Brush on vs Spray? I will try to post more tomorrow or over the weekend. It's been tough with my concussions... Feel free to ask questions and I will answer to my best ability.
Lots of work going on there. I sure wish I had access to a shop like that! All my work is done in my driveway and it leaves a lot to be desired. As far as painting calipers, I sprayed mine over a year ago and they're holding up great. I used about 4 coats I think. It's pretty easy if you get new calipers.

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of work going on there. I sure wish I had access to a shop like that! All my work is done in my driveway and it leaves a lot to be desired. As far as painting calipers, I sprayed mine over a year ago and they're holding up great. I used about 4 coats I think. It's pretty easy if you get new calipers.
I'm certainly lucky... My friend built his house and shop as well. I don't plan on buying new calipers, the rears are newer and I didn't wanna bother cracking them to have the hassle of bleeding them. They can kind of be a ***** to bleed some times. Which paint do you like to use?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm certainly lucky... My friend built his house and shop as well. I don't plan on buying new calipers, the rears are newer and I didn't wanna bother cracking them to have the hassle of bleeding them. They can kind of be a ***** to bleed some times. Which paint do you like to use?
I don't remember the brand, it was caliper paint though.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the wheel setup. Not usually a fan of blacked out wheels, but in combo with your paint and the chrome lug nuts it looks awesome!