2007 Yukon Denali Build (This got outta hand really quick...)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have factory tunes in the hptuners repository, just an fyi if you didn't know.... Not trying to sound like a Di**. I just read what I replied. How close are you to firing up that beast? Do you have access to a dyno?

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have same image issue...i'd say a forum issue

i jus tmanually insert tags for pics, for now

[ IMG ] [ / IMG ]
<just remove the blank spaces>

& Your build is coming long nice
cant wait to see vids of it

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have factory tunes in the hptuners repository, just an fyi if you didn't know.... Not trying to sound like a Di**. I just read what I replied. How close are you to firing up that beast? Do you have access to a dyno?
Has nothing to do with getting a factory tune. When you replace the TECM it needs a VIN programmed at a Dealer or someone with a very expensive scan tool... From my understanding HP Tuners is not capable.

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still working on the tune as we speak but it runs and drives GREAT!!! This thing handles amazing from my initial tests and the brakes are way way better than before. I will get a video of driving and other run activities soon but need to get the tune nailed in first, I was busy looking at HP Tuners data while driving to record at the same time. Had issues with MAP wiring at first so took a few tries to get started, also had a dead battery.... Oh well, it runs!!!

1st Start

2nd Start

3rd Start - Actually running decent lol

Exhaust Clip

I am doing a more complex tune vs just using MAF only so it will take a day or two to get correct. Still drives great... No leaks except an O Ring on the intercooler lid and EVERYTHING was touched on this truck during this build. Amazing how it finally came together. Will get more pics and videos up soon...

Last edited:
OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my new grill in... Still need to install lower part and remove and paint bug shield. Might just buy a new one.
IMG_1105.JPG
IMG_1096.JPG
Intercooler Pump Installed... Bosch unit with a cheap $10 fuel pump clamp. Turned out nice, still enough room above it for an ice box or reservoir
IMG_1086.JPG

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love that color, love the look, id black all that chrome out imo.

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

Lower grill I have to match in black just needs to be installed. Bug shield is coming off to get painted or just replace with a black one. Top strip above black grill will be painted to match and I have the original body color mirror covers from the first owner. He added all the chrome lol... Even bought a Tahoe rear bumper step in all black to replace the cracked chrome one. Most everything else will be removed or blacked out. I have some custom "Supercharged LSA" fender emblems coming soon too

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good. Love that exhaust sound! What was all the smoke from?
Thanks... New headers and maybe some oil/coolant at the end. No other fluid or exhaust leaks and no more smoking. That was literally the first start.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts