2007 Tahoe Rear LCD Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isriam

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Tahoe LTZ with RSE and the rear LCD is not working. It powers on with the remote but stays dark grey. I've tried changing the inputs with the front head unit, the rear controls, and the remote. I get no popup menu's or anything. When I hit power from the remote control the screen goes really black, and then when I hit power again, the screen goes dark grey. So I believe the LCD is getting power but something else is going on with it.

Chevy dealership told me to replace the LCD as it was bad. I'm wondering if it can be something simple like a broken harness?

I've also plugged in dvd, reset with battery cable, and plugged in aux device to see if maybe RSE was stuck on an input and nothing changes it from the dark grey.

OP
OP
I

isriam

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I took it apart and was looking to order a new one. I moved the wires around a little just in case they had a short and put it back in the vehicle. The RSE LCD now works. Its kind of flickering so I assume its just a short in the wires so I'll probably buy a new RSE LCD kit on ebay. Hopefully this helps someone else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2