2007 Tahoe Plasti Dip

What color dip

• matte black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • matte silver

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCARANO

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently got a 2007 Chevy Tahoe LT. I'm looking to Plasti Dip the whole truck. I did the grill and trim on my old one and it turned out good, now I wanna try the whole truck. The Tahoe is currently black and I'm looking for advice to either go with a matte silver metallic or matte black. I was also wondering if you guys had any pictures of Plasti Dip on your truck or what color I should go with?

Last edited:

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I have no opinion on color because its really personal preference... I assume you like black since you bought a black truck, although silver may absorb less heat.

If you do the whole truck I hope you know where to buy it in bulk and have access to a spray gun because doing it with rattle cans may not prove cost effective or yield the desired results aesthetically.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to dipyourcar.com for some ideas and inspiration. Definitely will need bulk and a gun like mentioned above so it doesn't tiger tail on the big flat panels. I'd vote silver.

OP
OP
S

SCARANO

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have no opinion on color because its really personal preference... I assume you like black since you bought a black truck, although silver may absorb less heat.

If you do the whole truck I hope you know where to buy it in bulk and have access to a spray gun because doing it with rattle cans may not prove cost effective or yield the desired results aesthetically.
yes thank you, for sure. There is a website dipyourcar.com and they have everything you need.

OP
OP
S

SCARANO

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Go to dipyourcar.com for some ideas and inspiration. Definitely will need bulk and a gun like mentioned above so it doesn't tiger tail on the big flat panels. I'd vote silver.
Yea, I would like to try silver. Thank you!

calif phil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Silver would look great. Everyone has done the matte black. What's the cost involved?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan