2007 Tahoe LTZ Driver Seat Not Moving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Only_1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,
I am new to this forum, so if this is not the best section for my question, please correct it for me.
I have a 2007 Tahoe LTZ that I just picked up. I noticed that when I was standing outside the vehicle that I could move my seat in all directions as it should work. When I was seated for driving the seat would no longer work for any function.
So I played with leaning and moving around on the seat to see where/why this happening. I found that it doesn't matter where I sit on the lower portion the seat would work, as long as I didn't have any pressure on the lumber of the seat back.
I got off the seat and pushed here and there on the lumbar portion of the seat back. If I push about 3 inches to the outside of center about 2 inches above the seat bottom the seat stops working.
Anyone have an idea as to why pressure in that area would cause the seat to stop working?

My first thought would be that a short with the heated seat or the power lumber must be causing it. I haven't seen one of these seats apart so its purely speculation.

Thank you for your help!

badasschevillac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have same year and trim and Having some what same issue with passenger side seat; seat will not raise/lower back side of seat.

OP
OP
O

Only_1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I took my seat apart. The vertical bar in the lumbar assembly came undone where it crimps to the lower portion of the flex plate. The parts were loose and rubbing against the lumbar motor wires. It had just broken through the insulation. I fixed and reassembled the seat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne