2007 ppv ac controller question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cmiller

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I recently picked up an old 2007 Chevy Tahoe ppv and they put in a center console but the harness for the rear ac isnt hooked up and I tore the dash apart to see if I could hook it up bit couldn't figure out where it went so now I'm curious since the AC control unit on the dash is going i was wondering if I could pick on of the ones up that have the rear ac controls on it as well and if it would work? I've attached pictures of the units both look to have to same plugs first one with the roller dials is mine and the other is the one I hope will work....
Sorry just noticed I posted in wrong group...

s-l400 (1).jpg s-l400.jpg

Last edited:

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
So I recently picked up an old 2007 Chevy Tahoe ppv and they put in a center console but the harness for the rear ac isnt hooked up and I tore the dash apart to see if I could hook it up bit couldn't figure out where it went so now I'm curious since the AC control unit on the dash is going i was wondering if I could pick on of the ones up that have the rear ac controls on it as well and if it would work? I've attached pictures of the units both look to have to same plugs first one with the roller dials is mine and the other is the one I hope will work....
Sorry just noticed I posted in wrong group...

View attachment 202074 View attachment 202075

I don't believe the digital HVAC controls will work in a truck that didn't come with them. There are a lot of extra sensors associated with the digital control panel and it all runs through the BCM.

I think it has been tried before without success but I am certain more will chime in.

Does your rear A/C work with your current control panel???

OP
OP
C

Cmiller

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't believe the digital HVAC controls will work in a truck that didn't come with them. There are a lot of extra sensors associated with the digital control panel and it all runs through the BCM.

I think it has been tried before without success but I am certain more will chime in.

Does your rear A/C work with your current control panel???
As of right now I have no rear ac what so ever the controller in the front doesn't control the rear and the rear controller isn't hooked up and no idea where it hooks up.. pretty sure it was cut out.....

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
As of right now I have no rear ac what so ever the controller in the front doesn't control the rear and the rear controller isn't hooked up and no idea where it hooks up.. pretty sure it was cut out.....

Have you pulled the front controller to make sure it's all plugged in?
Have you checked all fuses?

I don't believe the PPVs ever came with rear controls and the dash harness is different from PPVs to non PPVs, so the center console wiring harness won't have any place to plug into the dash.

OP
OP
C

Cmiller

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you pulled the front controller to make sure it's all plugged in?
Have you checked all fuses?

I don't believe the PPVs ever came with rear controls and the dash harness is different from PPVs to non PPVs, so the center console wiring harness won't have any place to plug into the dash.
I have front ac but nothing for the rear what so ever... Got vents on the roof but no flow.... Control in the drony work

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless they have been disconnected all together.
The floor vents that are under the drivers/passenger seats are controlled by the regular floor vent knob.
The roof vents are turned on by the AUX button.