2007 cracked dashboard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to share my experience...

Dec 3rd - I PM the GM customer service rep on the forum (Louis)
Dec 4th - Louis writes me back and gives me a reference number for my claim and states that the local rep should call me within 24-48 hours
Dec 5th - The local GM rep calls me and tells me that they will replace the dash at the closest dealership to my address for 100 dollar deductible

The only thing I have to do is take the truck in and they will inspect it to make sure that I didn't crack in by doing something stupid. Then they will replace it within a day.

Also, FYI...my bumper to bumper warranty is expired.

94Pro-5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to share my experience...

Dec 3rd - I PM the GM customer service rep on the forum (Louis)
Dec 4th - Louis writes me back and gives me a reference number for my claim and states that the local rep should call me within 24-48 hours
Dec 5th - The local GM rep calls me and tells me that they will replace the dash at the closest dealership to my address for 100 dollar deductible

The only thing I have to do is take the truck in and they will inspect it to make sure that I didn't crack in by doing something stupid. Then they will replace it within a day.

Also, FYI...my bumper to bumper warranty is expired.

What is the user name of the rep you pm'd?

TXDashcovers

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2007-2010 Yukon Tahoe Denali DashBoard Repair

7-31-2012012.jpgVisit TXDashcovers for 2007-2010 Tahoe, Yukon, Denali Dash Cap..Cheaper than buying OEM and easier to install. If you replace with Dealer OEM, Chances are it will crack again, they still use the same material as when it was new. Injection molded design

papaman

Reaction score
definitely interested in seeing more info on the dash cover. '09, second owner, 64k miles here. giant y shaped crack over the instrument cluster. each leg of the y has almost run the width of the dash. any install vids/guides?

Butlerd41

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2010 Tahoe -

Went to my Chevy dealer when my trans dipstick was cracked and i seen a crack in my dash and they blamed me for breaking both. 3 weeks after that i got a email from on star for the dipstick recall. Back on subject i just call GM and the guy i talked to has going to the dealership today to get it checked out hopefully they will fix it for free cause the crack got a lot bigger over the cluster. I'll keep you guys updated later today when get out of there.

Butlerd41

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2010 Tahoe -

Went to my Chevy dealer when my trans dipstick was cracked and i seen a crack in my dash and they blamed me for breaking both. 3 weeks after that i got a email from on star for the dipstick recall. Back on subject i just call GM and the guy i talked to has going to the dealership today to get it checked out hopefully they will fix it for free cause the crack got a lot bigger over the cluster. I'll keep you guys updated later today when get out of there.

Update - the dealership told me that they can't tell if I cracked it or if it was a mfg defect and told me it would be 1,759 dollars to replace waiting to see what GM will do since they didn't call the rep at all like I ask them to do.

tammybrant

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
grilled2003,
gm is aware of this issue and trying to help as much as possible. Are you the original owner? And how many miles do you have on the vehicle?
Breanne
chevrolet customer service
you people dont help anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a child in the passenger seat everyday and the crack is huge on the airbag....your response? "oh sorry out of warranty to bad cant help" **********!

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you people dont help anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a child in the passenger seat everyday and the crack is huge on the airbag....your response? "oh sorry out of warranty to bad cant help" **********!

LOL

BTW kids should ride in the back.

Also when the airbag goes off the dash and windshield crack anyway.

But you are right they don't help much. They are GMs feel good people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Codered5557