2007-2014 Project Headlights with Plasma Tube / Optic DRL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rltice

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We will know soon enough. Also if anyone would like any specific pictures of the internals of these lights let me know I will have the apart for a few more days.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
We will know soon enough. Also if anyone would like any specific pictures of the internals of these lights let me know I will have the apart for a few more days.
Can you just post a few pics here for all to see? Or do a write up and make a separate post for it. Also possibly what you used to complete the retro

63Blackseries

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know If the optical tube can be switched out to be switchback led tubes? I am thinking whenever I do I mine I want them to be amber turn signals whenever signals are activated

Rltice

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Funny you should say that, I found myself thinking "I am probably going to kick myself in the ass for not putting switchbacks in here". The optical tube is nothing but a cap over a channel holding the LED's, no doubt that a flexible switchback tube would fit right into that channel if you removed the LED's that came in the headlight.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how did these turn out? I miss my lights, and plan on putting them back in, but I might as well improve them first. How hard is it to take them apart? What do switchbacks give, more output? One thing I dont want is to blind oncoming drivers...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i grabbed some phillips h7 lamps and replaced them in these lights. After putting them back in (im getting good now, maybe 15 min a side), the light pattern is completely jacked up. Undriveable. Gotta say eff projectors if they are this picky about bulbs...

sent from the ninth circle of hell...

nixxxster

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

Checking in to see if there was any update on the retrofit.

Thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcoop