2006 Third row seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06 Yukon XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a third row seat from a 2006 Yukon XL that I no longer own that I want to sell. I took the seat out of the garage to take a picture. The seat is in the folded down position. I tried to flip the seat back to the upwards position but was unable to do so. The seat back seems to be locked in the down (folded) position. Does anyone know how to get the seat back unlocked? Any help is appreciated. thank you in advance.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@06 Yukon XL, the seat has to think it's installed. If your XL seats are anything like my 04 Hoe's, you can flip the seat over (upside-down, first pic) and close the latch (in the red box in my first pic). Use a thick round rod (large bolt, screwdriver shaft, small pipe, socket extension, etc.) and press down hard to close the opening (second pic, red arrow). You'll know it's closed when the release handle (labeled "2" on my seat) on that same latch flips up all the way. Then remove the rod you used to close it.

DSCF0552_resized.jpg

DSCF0553_resized.jpg

Flip the seat back right-side up, use the "1" seat back release (green circle) to unfold the seat.

If your seats aren't the same, they may have a similar mechanism.

Don't forget to re-fold the seat back, and release "2" before attempting to re-install the seat.

Last edited:
OP
OP

06 Yukon XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I figured it might need to think it was installed bur wasn't sure how to do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons