2006 Chevy Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tank757

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What's up guys. I have 3 issues...

Sometimes when I take my keys out and I open my door the radio still plays; why?

Today my rear wiper had a mind of its own. I push in the rear wiper switch and the wiper goes up and won't come down no matter how much I push it. I get home and take the keys out of the ignition and the battery lighter flashes a million times and I hear clicking. Immediately I check the alternator and the battery connection. I had just driven it so I go in my trunk and wiper goes down and the flickering stops. Why is this?

The seat warmer flickers on and off as well sometimes when I turn it on

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The radio staying on is a sign of the switch in the door that tells the truck when the door is open or closed, that it's going bad. My 2006 denali will do it every once in a while. I'll shut off and open my drivers door and the radio will stay on. Or I'll get in in the evening and start it up, close door, car in gear, and the courtesy lights will stay on. I have to put back in park, open and reshut door for it to turn off.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
The radio staying on is a sign of the switch in the door that tells the truck when the door is open or closed, that it's going bad. My 2006 denali will do it every once in a while. I'll shut off and open my drivers door and the radio will stay on. Or I'll get in in the evening and start it up, close door, car in gear, and the courtesy lights will stay on. I have to put back in park, open and reshut door for it to turn off.

Same with my 06, I will notice the puddle lights staying on...

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@HiHoeSilver , are you referring to the lights underneath your exterior side view mirrors? When my courtesy lights stay on, I'm talking about the low rectangular shaped light at the lower portion of my interior door panel(drivers door and front passenger door) that lights up when the door is opened. Different than the puddle lights underneath the side view mirrors.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
@HiHoeSilver , are you referring to the lights underneath your exterior side view mirrors? When my courtesy lights stay on, I'm talking about the low rectangular shaped light at the lower portion of my interior door panel(drivers door and front passenger door) that lights up when the door is opened. Different than the puddle lights underneath the side view mirrors.

Yes. I'm not sure if it's door switch or ignition or gear shift related... Haven't played with it much, only happened a couple times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094