2005 Yukon SLT 4WD New Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smcnair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I have been reading about everything I can on this and the amount of conflicting information is staggering.

I put on the new keys and leveled it off (well, not really level as now the front is slightly higher) but now I need to do a few more things.

I want to replace the shocks with 5100's all around and slightly raise the rear so that it is actually level with the front.

From my understanding the Z71 springs should take care of that. Is there anything else that needs to be done or do I solely replace the rear springs with the new ones. Do I need new bump stops or anything like that. CV axles any problem?

Next for the 5100's. Is there a setting for the height that is straightforward? Do I have to experiment? Anything I need to buy besides the shocks? Adapters, extenders, etc.?

I appreciate any advice you can offer.

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I have been reading about everything I can on this and the amount of conflicting information is staggering.

I put on the new keys and leveled it off (well, not really level as now the front is slightly higher) but now I need to do a few more things.

I want to replace the shocks with 5100's all around and slightly raise the rear so that it is actually level with the front.

From my understanding the Z71 springs should take care of that. Is there anything else that needs to be done or do I solely replace the rear springs with the new ones. Do I need new bump stops or anything like that. CV axles any problem?

Next for the 5100's. Is there a setting for the height that is straightforward? Do I have to experiment? Anything I need to buy besides the shocks? Adapters, extenders, etc.?

I appreciate any advice you can offer.
Z71 springs are .5-.75" taller than LS or LT models. You don't need to adjust any settings on the 5100s just bolt it on, they are for stock to 3" of lift. If you're getting new shocks then no need for any extenders there. Don't need rear bump stops and idk about the front ones, I think some people just add pads to get the front ones to touch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts