2004 Tahoe exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Hey, he just said what's the loudest and sounds good. Open headers sound great and are the loudest.

I had open headers for a week on my old beach buggy, a 2000 durango. Had the exhaust hose clamped onto the y pipe while our welder was down, and it popped off in like 20 minutes. I got dirty looks and applause pulling into the school parking lot. It was fun for the week, but idk if I'd do it on a dd ever again.
I know, just had to add my. 02 worth. Lol

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Loudest and sounds good. Replacing the the stock muffler with a cherry bomb will give you aggressive volume and sound 'good' in some people opinion. Very low $ bang for your buck.

Ran 2 super 10's in a flowmaster dual setup that I thought sounded great. After a month I wanted less drone and toned it down with a single s-delta. Of course the long tube headers and high-flow cat's make for an even louder badass sound with added performance.

Can you be more specific on what you're going for? There's a large variance on what someone thinks sounds good before it becomes obnoxious or annoying. YouTube has a few videos of different tone. See if you can find an example.

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting a stock Tahoe. I want to know what is the loudest exhaust I could possibly get.
I kept the stock pipe, had the old one cut out and a flowmaster super 10 put in its place, its loud cheap and sounds great

TXBowtieGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want cheap and good sound and yes some performance and sounds plenty loud (mine sets off car alarms), cut off your muffler and replace it with a straight pipe. Sounds good and relieves back pressure. Don't waste money on new cats. The stock ones work fine and are not really that restrictive.