2004 Tahoe exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ben_Hedge

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm getting a stock Tahoe. I want to know what is the loudest exhaust I could possibly get.

shakedown067

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Longtube headers, replace stock muffler with a borla X1. LOUD! I had to add a Flowmaster 10 series as a resonator in the back. I got the mufflers dirt cheap and got to install them for free at work. Just got in the JBA 3" exhaust yesterday that I'll put on this weekend.

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Loud and sounds good… If cost is no option, I'd personally go with a set of long tubes with an off-road Y pipe and a Corsa sport cat back.

If you're on a budget, long tubes with an off-road Y pipe and weld an aftermarket muffler in place of the stock one.

shakedown067

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Loud and sounds good… If cost is no option, I'd personally go with a set of long tubes with an off-road Y pipe and a Corsa sport cat back.

If you're on a budget, long tubes with an off-road Y pipe and weld an aftermarket muffler in place of the stock one.

I second that.

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That gets old quick tho. Granted I'm old too! I'm going to 1 3/4 long tubes, aftermarket high flow cats with y pipe, and mbrp muffler.
Hey, he just said what's the loudest and sounds good. Open headers sound great and are the loudest.

I had open headers for a week on my old beach buggy, a 2000 durango. Had the exhaust hose clamped onto the y pipe while our welder was down, and it popped off in like 20 minutes. I got dirty looks and applause pulling into the school parking lot. It was fun for the week, but idk if I'd do it on a dd ever again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout