2003 Z71 air conditioning problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bcox

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Air blows cold. However, as I'm driving the air will basically stop blowing through the vents at a normal speed. It will barely blow. I can turn it off for about 2-3 minutes then turn it back on and it will blow like it should. Blower has been replaced, but still cutting in and out randomly. Any advice? I keep throwing money at the issue and it's not getting fixed.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the blower motor was replaced, whoever replaced it should've replaced the blower motor resistor along with it.

Now is your A/C system manual dual zone or automatic?

OP
OP
Bcox

Bcox

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Automatic. Problem is still here...

If the blower motor was replaced, whoever replaced it should've replaced the blower motor resistor along with it.

Now is your A/C system manual dual zone or automatic?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it could be just low Freon, but in my case it was both low Freon and the digital control unit was bad, mine did the exact same thing, filled up the Freon it would still do it, replaced the digital control unit-problem gone, seems to be a common is issue with the digital units from the 2003 yr range
dorman makes a remanufactured one, rockauto is probably the lowest price and there is a sticky on the forum for 5% off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgia 4Low