2003 yukon knocking w/video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Daveed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yours sounded like my 89 Sierra. It was the flex plate cracked causing that noise. Yours too sounded the noisiest right under the bellhousing

How much did it cost to fix? N how much labor?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This one either doesnt have an inspection plate or i can not find it...
It has one. It's in the center bottom where the bell housing bolts to the trans and it just pops off with a flat head screwdriver. It's circular.

IMG_5273.jpg

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sure it does, or you'd be seeing this. the tc and flex. what you want to see when you take it off.

A140_FULLOOK_GMOverdriveTranny_Page_102_Image_0002.jpg

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
How much did it cost to fix? N how much labor?

I did didn’t fix it. I sold it by then. But I order to get to it you’re going to need to separate the transmission. Or to make it easier, drop it out the way.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The previous owners put a new transmission in "1000 miles ago" maybe the new one doesnt have it cuz i lookec everywhere
Take some pictures of the bottom if your transmission where it bolts to your engine. I've never seen one that doesn't have it.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see 3 pictures of your transfer case....and the one that has your transmission in it doesn't show the bottom of the bell housing. In the 3rd picture from the top, that IS your transmission but the inspection plate would be below the bottom of that picture. If you look at your starter in that pic, then there's a bolt below that, then the inspection plate should be below that in your picture. Just follow the bell housing a little farther there. Maybe you can get a better picture of that area. If there isn't one there, there's a flat plate below the starter that you can remove and look at the flex plate.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i agree, your looking at the wrong part. where the engines oil pan meets the tranny, you'll find the inspection cover.

Musicars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe Rocket Man and Scottydoggs have pictures of two different transmissions. My '06 has the small round inspection plug and two small plastic covers, one by the starter and one by the oil filter.

I have a Ford plow truck with the big cover, like Scotydoggs pic, that can be removed to access the torque converter. That truck cracked two flex plates. It was easy to diagnose. I took a small rubber hose and put one end in my ear and moved the other end around the spaces around the inspection cover. It gets really loud when the end of the hose hits those gaps if you have a cracked flex plate. Then remove a cover and see if the noise get noticeably louder. It will be obvious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14