2003 tahoe Z71 climate control issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wbzautocustomiz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2003 tahoe and problem with automatic climate control mode door direction actuator, when I bought truck the mode door actuator was not on truck just the plug hanging not sure why but anyway it blows out face vents at all times if I manually move lever it switches direction so I purchased a new mode door actuator and tried to install it but no matter what I couldnt get it to work even with the recalibration procedure. Then I am wondering if there is something else going on since my ac relay wont activate the compressor but if I send power to the 30/contact ac works as it should and temp control on auto and it regulates the temp as it should, so Ive been wondering if mode door not operating and ac relay not getting its signal to fire up compressor is related maybe, Thanks for any help

Matahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the ac relay isn't getting voltage then it could be a problem with the head unit in the dash. Ditto for mode door actuator. This is where experience troubleshooting with a schematic becomes invaluable. Head units are around $100 on Amazon. No programming required.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts