2003 Bose Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JMEngland88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Okay, so maybe you guys can help me out. So my front left speaker is completely dead and my front right speaker was having a lot of crackling. I assumed that the speakers were just shot, so I decided I would just order some new ones. Got the front right installed and the crackling just became even worse. At low volumes it will play just fine, but once you go over a certain volume it instantly goes into full distortion. While checking connections and stuff I realized that if you isolated that specific speaker using the head unit, it would fix the problem (ie, full power to the front right, other speakers turned off). The moment you would start sending a little power to the left the distortion came back on the right speaker though. Knowing that the stock head units commonly go bad, I ordered a new navigation unit and integration kit. Got that installed today, same problem! Rear speakers seem to be working just fine, as well as the sub, it's just the fronts having the issue. As stated, at least for the passenger speaker, I know it wasn't the speaker because it was even worse with a brand new aftermarket JBL (2 ohm btw). Does this sound like a bad amp? or is there something else that could be causing these issues? It's a 2003 Tahoe Z71 with the Bose system, with the amp and sub in the center console. Thanks a bunch!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14