2002 Yukon XL Denali Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CG01vette

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello All,
I need to replace the catback exhaust on my '02 Denali XL 6.0L and I can't seem to find an aftermarket kit that fits an XL 6.0L. Has anyone been able to find a system that fits? Thanks in advnace for any help.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do you need to replace it? Just curious because the 02 Denalis have a great catback system stock. If it's just bad cats I'd just replace them. Your system is a dual system all the way back to the muffler and it doesn't have much restriction. That's one of the reasons you're having a hard time finding a catback- it doesn't really need improvement. You can go with quality headers like the American Racing ones I installed and they combine the headers with midpipes and cats and run all the way to the muffler but they're spendy.at around $1700.

OP
OP
C

CG01vette

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Why do you need to replace it? Just curious because the 02 Denalis have a great catback system stock. If it's just bad cats I'd just replace them. Your system is a dual system all the way back to the muffler and it doesn't have much restriction. That's one of the reasons you're having a hard time finding a catback- it doesn't really need improvement. You can go with quality headers like the American Racing ones I installed and they combine the headers with midpipes and cats and run all the way to the muffler but they're spendy.at around $1700.

Thanks so much for the reply Rocket! My muffler is leaking water at the seams and I'm concerned about fumes entering the cabin. I found a Corsa system for $950 but was hoping to get something cheaper.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the reply Rocket! My muffler is leaking water at the seams and I'm concerned about fumes entering the cabin. I found a Corsa system for $950 but was hoping to get something cheaper.
Your muffler? That's an easy fix and it's completely separate. There's a connection right ahead of the muffler where the midpipes end. The 2 midpipes end there and the muffler pipe starts. Some have a 2-into-one pipe from there to the muffler, some have 2 short pipes that go to the muffler. Most muffler shops just cut out the muffler and weld a new one in without even messing with anything else like unbolting the pipe.

OP
OP
C

CG01vette

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Your muffler? That's an easy fix and it's completely separate. There's a connection right ahead of the muffler where the midpipes end. The 2 midpipes end there and the muffler pipe starts. Some have a 2-into-one pipe from there to the muffler, some have 2 short pipes that go to the muffler. Most muffler shops just cut out the muffler and weld a new one in without even messing with anything else like unbolting the pipe.

So I just get the correct size and style muffler and have a shop "splice it in" so to speak. Got it, thanks so much for your help Rocket...my wallet thanks you too!!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're more than welcome. Let us know how it turns out.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a great write-up. I also did the same thing by adding the merge in front of the muffler. That really opens up the possibilities as far as mufflers go. There aren't many dual-in dual- outs in the correct size as the Denali stockers. Once you get it to a single-in single-out muffler there are unlimited mufflers available. I had a shop do mine.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your Denali is dual in and dual out Magnaflow makes this Muffler

c867fe011f8693433dc2776a354be7ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harry26