2002 Yukon just quit going down the road

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rx7world

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the Yukon towed home, I checked and it has no fuel pressure, any suggestions on where to go from here?

OP
OP
R

rx7world

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I checked all fuses under the hood and found ecmi 10 amp fuse blown, I replaced and now she runs again, I wonder what that fuse is for because you know it is going to happen again until i find out why, where is the best place to find a wiring diagram for this vehicle?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked all fuses under the hood and found ecmi 10 amp fuse blown, I replaced and now she runs again, I wonder what that fuse is for because you know it is going to happen again until i find out why, where is the best place to find a wiring diagram for this vehicle?

Your PCM, truck's computer. Get a subscription to AllDataDIY for the wiring harness and everything else but tools to trouble shoot and work on your truck.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ecmi probably means engine control management ignition, I would say that's probably a rare one to blow, I keep a little bag of spare fuses in my console for cases just like this. it would suck to be stuck somewhere over a .25 cent fuse

OP
OP
R

rx7world

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ecmi powers it appears to be part of pcm (ignition) and in particular the flex fuel sensor. Before it left me on the side of the road the check engine light came on and the code was
P0178 Chevrolet Fuel Composition Sensor Circuit Low Frequency, I didn't think much of it I was headed to the beach for a week. Note when the Yukon left me on the side of the road, it would not start with starting fluid and the gas gauge went from Full to empty, replacing the fuse fixed all that, but you know a fuse blows for a reason, so I concentrated on the flex fuel senor because of the code, so under the thing I go to look at the flex fuel sensor wiring and the problem was easy to see, turns out when the transmission was rebuilt a year ago they did not put the harnesses back in the proper place and over time the harness sagged until the front driveshaft broke the wires going to the flex fuel sensor I spent the rest of the day repairing the harness and tying it back so it doesn't happen again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent