2002 yukon fluid change help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Balckhog02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey guys, 183000 on my yukon (bought it with like 160k maybe?) anyways wanting to change fluids, seals and filters. Plan on doing tranny (fluid looks good so just doing filter and fluid change), now the rear and front diffs I have questions about: can I use 75-140 for both? And what do I use for transfer case??

Is there anything I'm missing? Doing a brake and power stearing change also. Gotta fix the oil pan gasket and I wanted to do an engine flush. Not too sure what all that entailes but have heard I should do one.

Not a mechanic but can work on things and these projects appear to be simple enough with my dads help. Just needing some more in depth knowledge!!! Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
What does your owners manual say for the fluids needed?

Brake fluid is Dot 3. Power steering fluid is GM 1052884 or equivalent. Trans fluid is Dexron III. Transfer case is AUTO-TRAK II fluid GM 12378508. Front axle is 80W-90 GM 1052271 and rear axle is 75W-90 Synthetic Lubricant GM 12378261 or equivalent.

Get Fel-Pro gasket sets from Rock Auto. Check you tube for engine flush info.

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I discussed this in your other thread, hitting on all of these points & then some. Absolutely no reason to be starting new threads with questions that you already have the answers for. included all of the chemicals necessary as updated by GM bulletins. Spark plugs should be the Delco 100k mile iridium model. NAPA Auto Parts also carries the FelPro gasket that you need for the rear diff cover.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gudmat