2002 Tahoe project progress

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Brad poiencot

Brad poiencot

Reaction score
Pics of the other cars in the garage. 70s caddy, 90s mustang, 50s chevy, :Whoa:
I can get more pics of the other cars. I do part time mechanic work for a guy that buys and flip cars. Have a brood spectrum of cars from a 1939 Oldsmobile sedan original to a nhra street legal drag car. Very fun job. Can use any car whenever I want.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I can get more pics of the other cars. I do part time mechanic work for a guy that buys and flip cars. Have a brood spectrum of cars from a 1939 Oldsmobile sedan original to a nhra street legal drag car. Very fun job. Can use any car whenever I want.
And now I'm jealous and I hate you :challenge:

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I been reading that a lot of people start out higher then I was for some reason. Just like some say you only get 1/2" or so with switching to z71 springs. I gained 2" just from the coil swap. I would like to be 40-41 with the 33's when I get them. So I have a little more work to do. Might see about doing some 3" lift spindles and 3" spacers for the rear. That should get me 42 ish inches from the ground to the fender lips

I measured my fenders after installing the 5100's and moog springs...she's sitting dead level at 41'' on all 4 corners with 33's

OP
OP
Brad poiencot

Brad poiencot

Reaction score
Finished cleaning all the gunk off from the moldings and washed it this morning.
IMG_2106.JPG IMG_2105.JPG IMG_2103.JPG
If I'm at 40-41" after I get the tires on I will be very happy.

What do you have on the front Cattivo?

What do y'all think about removing the fender flares?

+ QuoteReply

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 3'' keys up front with new torsion bars half cranked...I'm nota big fan of fender flares but if you decide to keep them I would color match them

Looks a lot better de badged brother!

OP
OP
Brad poiencot

Brad poiencot

Reaction score
I have 3'' keys up front with new torsion bars half cranked...I'm nota big fan of fender flares but if you decide to keep them I would color match them

Looks a lot better de badged brother!

Thanks. I wonder if a new set of torsion bars would help me lift it a little more. might look into that. I think I will crank the keys up a little more. Just measured today it I'm about 1/2 inch lower in the front now then the rear. Might be settling in .

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
The 2 tone is throwing me off. Why is the bottom of the doors not silver as well? Was that the oem paint design

OP
OP
Brad poiencot

Brad poiencot

Reaction score
The 2 tone is throwing me off. Why is the bottom of the doors not silver as well? Was that the oem paint design

Yes that was the pen paint design The first post has a picture of how the Tahoe was stock with the moldings and emblems. I don't care for it either. Think Ima just take off the flares and paint the the rear section that's grey white. Never understood that paint scheme.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Weird.
Take off the flares and paint to match, or leave off.
And rear lower qp you can vinyl wrap white to match. Cheaper temporary alternative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteHorseBFD792