2002 tahoe lowered 2/3 sways really bad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called Autozone and told them how long my Belltech endlinks were and they had me a set waiting on the counter when I got there. I have the greaseable sway bar bushings from Energy Suspension.

OP
OP
LINTZ0718

LINTZ0718

Reaction score
I am running Energy Suspension front endlinks and their poly bushings. On their website, in the PDF catalog under universal endlinks, they detail how to measure and order them. They need to be shorter it you're lowered in order to make the swaybar work correctly. Same in the rear, but that DJM kit you bought has the shortened rear ones. DJM also makes huge swaybars that work great, I'm running them front and rear. I highly recommend beefier swaybars, the stockers are weak. You can't go wrong with DJM and Energy Suspension.
Thanks for great info

OP
OP
LINTZ0718

LINTZ0718

Reaction score
Do you know the length you have ? I only have 2in drop spindles no keys

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you know the length you have ? I only have 2in drop spindles no keys
I also have 2" drop spindles and stock keys. I figured my fronts needed to be 1/2" shorter than stock according to my measurements and the Energy Suspension part number I ordered to accomplish that was 9.8149R.

OP
OP
LINTZ0718

LINTZ0718

Reaction score
I also have 2" drop spindles and stock keys. I figured my fronts needed to be 1/2" shorter than stock according to my measurements and the Energy Suspension part number I ordered to accomplish that was 9.8149R.
Nice and it helped the front?

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Energy Suspension sway bar bushings and love them

ezstriper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not know as of now, but we used belltech stuff and help them develop the 4x4 lowering kits in the 90's, but for years they did could not get their shock valving right and after flogging several sets on a test truck, we ended up using DJM's

HawkMD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2002 tahoe lowered on spindles and 3 inch rear lowering springs I work for Chevy and was gonna police take rear springs to stiffen it up ... I just ordered the djm trailing arm relocate kit and endlink kit and poly sway bar bushings.
Do you think it will take the rear sway out ? Should I get police tahoe springs?
Will i need adjustable rear pan bar too?
It has cai , flomaster ,bbk power plus 80mm tb long tube headers on next weekend

Just looking for sum input View attachment 189676View attachment 189677
I have front end spindle drop and 3 inch in the rear. Never had a sway issue. I have adjustable spohn performance panhard rod which you want adjustable to recenter your axle when you lower your vehicle. Also adjustable upper and lower spohn performance trailing arms. DJM relocation trailing arm bracket and DJM sway bar links. Sway bars front and back are Bell tech. Going to get some 6 inch drop springs with helper bags and also install upper and lower DJM control arms to finish the final drop. Your sway bar links have to broken or your sway bar mounts are loose for you to be swaying like that. Tell us what you find out , good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts