2002 Tahoe dash lights stay on after key removed from ignition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mishmatta

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Recently ran into this issue where my dash lights stay on after I remove the key from the ignition. They stay on until I open the driver's door.

My dome lights, radio lights and even my headlights all work as they should. No issues. Its just the dash lights.

I have replaced the headlight switch and the dimmer switch. I've checked the fuses as well. They are good. So far, nothing has changed it. I've wiped the sensor down as well.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Recently, about 9 months ago, had a problem with my 05 where the door chime intermittently would continue to chime when key was out of the tumbler. New ignition switch fixed it.

Meathead16

Reaction score
That's normal and is part of the retained accessory power feature. Both my Esky and my Avy's dash lights stay on after I take the key out of ignition and stay on until I open the drivers door or the 10 minute timer runs out.

Although... You mentioned your radio lights are working as they should be, so I'm assuming they are behaving differently than your dash lights since you grouped those apart from eachother? RAP will keep the dash and the radio lights on together and turn them off together as well. Save for the time display, all dash, radio, button backlighting, etc. are controlled as one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar