2002 chevy tahoe blend door actuator problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt_77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have replaced the blend door actuator recently and still have problems with it. When I replaced it, it worked for a day then stopped working.

Tried recalibrating it and nothing. Even replaced the climate control and still nothing.

Does anybody know of any other way to make it work? Up for all suggestions. It will only stay in cool air and not switch to heat

OP
OP
M

Matt_77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes it's the blend door because theflap at the bottom won't even move unless you take off the actuator you can move it by hand both ways. I've been researching a lot on this and haven't figured out what to do. Even had a mechanic look and he doesn't know either. He said something with connections but I'm not that smart at electrical things. Wouldn't know where to start

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10.4, any other details? Can you hear the actuator operate, or is it silent, if you put you hand on it while adjusting the temp setting can you feel it moving inside?

OP
OP
M

Matt_77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No can hear anything and will hand is on it it doesn't move at all. I don't understand it's the 2nd actuator that's brand new. It was working but now it's not just aggrevated. Really don't want to take off the dash