2001 Yukon XL new to me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pvaldeben

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello members, I recently bought a 2001 Yukon XL and still have my 2006 Tahoe PPV, I really loved my Tahoe but needed a something to fit a 8x4 sheet and now loving my new to me XL ride.
I did some simple mods
1) Changed head and tail light
2) Changed front and rear speakers, waiting for the 8 inch sub
Next I'll be moving my 20 inch LTZ from my tahoe to the Yukon XL
Next fix the aluminum rust in the back lift gate
Next Tint the front windows as I drive alot
Next Side window deflectors
Would like to remove the side molding but I saw you tube videos its a time consuming process

Repairs:
1) same day I paied for it took it to empty parkeing lot and slammed on the breaks to test them and the break peddle sank to the bottom, I offered the guy to keep upto $600 and to return the rest. I my fear it was the break line from the ABS to the rear. Well thanks to youTube I was able to replace the break line with out dropping the gas tank, It did take me a about a day and a half and nits done. Then breaks feel real line with the new stainless steel lines.
2) Fixed some bents with a guy who does paintless dent removal, 70 bucks for a 3 x 2 dent then 20 bucks for each door ding and fixed about 13 dings. After seeing him do it I could have dome it my self and its real easy, The guy was not perfect either, but better than it was.

Knowing about tahoes I bought it because the tranmision and difirentials have been rebuild all new shocks, new tires, breaks, water pump, fule pump, and he told me 5 of the break line were replaces. And the CarFax shows the accurate 127K miles. Also Front leather seat had new bottom cover.

My tahoe being a PPV is a stiffer ride but Im getting used to the XL smother ride now.

Here are some pics with the head light and tail light

View attachment 81641

View attachment 81642

View attachment 81643

View attachment 81644

2017-05-11 12.19.30.jpg

Yukon XL Front head light difference.jpg

Yukon XL black housing head light.jpg

Yukon XL rear tail light difference.jpg

2017-05-11 11.43.27.jpg

Last edited:

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice clean headlights and taillights :thumbsup:

OP
OP
pvaldeben

pvaldeben

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice clean headlights and taillights :thumbsup:

Yes they make the Yukon XL look a bit more modern. The headlight are not smoked but clear with black housing. The quality seems ok for the price 139 for headlight, turn signal and tail light. There was a message in the package about possible condensation in the headlight and how to fix if it happens. The headlights did not go in as tight as in the OEM headlight so if any condensation happens I'll have to figure out from where the moist air is getting in and how to get a tighter fit for some of the bulbs.

I noticed the white backup light looks good since the side molding has a chrome stripe.

I’m a jack of all trades and like that they included a warning in the package. Again for the price I have no problem.
ebay Link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/232274859576?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Yukon XL black housing head light front.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonawhie61989