2001 Yukon radio/speaker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Richard Heatherly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought a 2001 Yukon. it has an aftermarket DUAL head unit and I have no idea about the speakers. Head unit is new, I think the speakers are original. Problem is the audio is crap. Bass is horrible and the high sound like they are in a bucket. Are these speakers that bad or could the head unit be under powered? I am in no way a stereo expert so an help would be great.

throwback2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought a 2001 Yukon. it has an aftermarket DUAL head unit and I have no idea about the speakers. Head unit is new, I think the speakers are original. Problem is the audio is crap. Bass is horrible and the high sound like they are in a bucket. Are these speakers that bad or could the head unit be under powered? I am in no way a stereo expert so an help would be great.
I just installed new 6.5's in my yukon doors today as the originals were completely gone.What a big difference!There's a video on you tube that shows you how to remove the door panels.All you need is a 9/32 nut driver and a flat screwdriver. I would bet yours are rotted too! Does your Yukon have a subwoofer in the back? I have one and it was rotton too!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what is your budget for audio? that Dual is pretty bottom of the barrel... just being honest, no offense

OP
OP
R

Richard Heatherly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just installed new 6.5's in my yukon doors today as the originals were completely gone.What a big difference!There's a video on you tube that shows you how to remove the door panels.All you need is a 9/32 nut driver and a flat screwdriver. I would bet yours are rotted too! Does your Yukon have a subwoofer in the back? I have one and it was rotton too!

I have no idea if it has a sub woofer....how do I tell? I think they are all rotten, wife said they started rattling so I guess I will be replacing them all.

what is your budget for audio? that Dual is pretty bottom of the barrel... just being honest, no offense
None taken! I know dual is low budget, hoping it will get her by for a little while until I see if this is going to be around a while. I will probably upgrade it to a nicer Pioneer or something fairly soon.

Another question: This think has a big TV unit mounted to the ceiling....what controls it? Does it have inputs I am missing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons