2001 Tahoe headliner foam board

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbp1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do anyone know if there's a difference in the headliner foam board between a lift gate model and the barn door model? I need a new model that hasn' been cut from the overhead console that house a tv that no longer works.

OP
OP
M

mbp1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the trim piece in back at top is same on both then yes, same thing

Well I have the barn doors and the one I'm looking at getting is a lift gate model but it's a 2 hour drive one way so I'm trying to find out ahead of time if anyone knows forsure.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I have the barn doors and the one I'm looking at getting is a lift gate model but it's a 2 hour drive one way so I'm trying to find out ahead of time if anyone knows forsure.
Really think the only diff is on the outside of truck, meaning there is a catch for the door up top outside of truck vs lift struts on the sides of truck, interior trim piece is same. Im tryingvto google images of tahie interiors to see.

OP
OP
M

mbp1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really think the only diff is on the outside of truck, meaning there is a catch for the door up top outside of truck vs lift struts on the sides of truck, interior trim piece is same. Im tryingvto google images of tahie interiors to see.
I've tried doing the same and can' tell I was just trying to see if any members had first hand knowledge of this is I know guys have swapped them out before. But maybe someone has tried between the two different styles.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the Tahoe a single piece headliner? I know on my XL and suburban it's 2 piece. But I believe everything on the inside Is the same between barn doors and lift gate as far as trim panels go.