2001 GMC Yukon Xl A/C Condenser

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your help! I replaced condenser, orifice tube, and accumulator and replaced the o-rings. Took it to the shop and they vacuumed and recharged, everything blows cold now. He said there were no leaks so hopefully I should be good to go. The AC Delco condenser I ordered seemed kinda poor quality compared to the original one, but other than that it was all easy.

Nice! Hopefully you oiled the new o-rings before you installed them lol. Glad you got you chill back!

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same oil as the system calls for, so PAG. If you don't oil the o-rings, nine times out of ten they're gonna condemn the system.

JAYRES

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My AC condenser is leaking, so I am going to replace it. Does anyone have any advice or information on steps to replace? I have not been able to find any info on it. My AC shop said its pretty easy to do and he would handle recharging after I put the compressor in. Any info would be appreciated.

Thank you!
There are currently 9,000 AC condensers part # 23141861 on national back order. There are zero after market parts available in my area. This was a weak design by GM and they know about it and will NOT warranty or help offset expense at all! Shame on GM!

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your help! I replaced condenser, orifice tube, and accumulator and replaced the o-rings. Took it to the shop and they vacuumed and recharged, everything blows cold now. He said there were no leaks so hopefully I should be good to go. The AC Delco condenser I ordered seemed kinda poor quality compared to the original one, but other than that it was all easy.
Good deal. Hopefully your compressor is healthy and you should be rockin some a/c for many years. Findy any trash in orifice tube?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT