2000 Yukon Maintenance Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That kind of sucks. Especially if you bought your vehicle used and the PO has no idea what work was done to it because they never cared enough.
I bought my Tahoe with about 130k on the clock and bought it from a dealership so they had no service records. Guess I lucked out. I just changed my fluid with about 160k on it and so far everything has worked out fine. Fluid was a good red color so guess it may have been changed at 100k. Only put about 10k on it since the change but it's been good so far for me.

Guess it's a YMMV kind of thing. Whichever way you go good luck.

OP
OP
N

NotJLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That kind of sucks. Especially if you bought your vehicle used and the PO has no idea what work was done to it because they never cared enough.
I bought my Tahoe with about 130k on the clock and bought it from a dealership so they had no service records. Guess I lucked out. I just changed my fluid with about 160k on it and so far everything has worked out fine. Fluid was a good red color so guess it may have been changed at 100k. Only put about 10k on it since the change but it's been good so far for me.

Guess it's a YMMV kind of thing. Whichever way you go good luck.

Thanks, I think.

The first reply didn't indicate any problems. but now everything does.

What's a guy to do?

:cool:

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you bought it new, I'm very curious why transmission and coolant maintenance have not been accomplished per the owners manual. Sounds like other maintenance items were done? Differential(s), brake fluid, ps fluid?

OP
OP
N

NotJLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you bought it new, I'm very curious why transmission and coolant maintenance have not been accomplished per the owners manual. Sounds like other maintenance items were done? Differential(s), brake fluid, ps fluid?

Yeah, I deserve that. (saw it coming)

;)

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flush it.

Yep, no reason not to flush the coolant clean.

I should have elaborated on my original transmission flush/change comment. Others explained very well the reason why, to include maybe not a full change at all if it's been that long. In all cases, I'd check with a few mechanics and have them pull a fluid sample before taking any action.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llujum