2000 tahoe not going into key fob programming mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe JT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As the title says my 2000 tahoe is not going into key fob programming mode. I hold down the unlock switch and turn the ignition on off x2 and release the unlock switch and nothing happens.

This started when i dropped my only key fob on the floor and broke it. So the key fob worked fine with the car until then. So now the car wont start and i have no idea of whats going on.

Any sugestions would be nice

2000 tahoe 5,3 LT

Wayne Cary

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you get this figured out. I have an 00 Z71 and it didn't have any fobs, but everywhere I have looked says it comes with them, but like yours, it wont go into programming mode.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kind of late to the discussion, and it looks like the OP hasn't posted anything further.

To the OP, I don't think the fobs have anything to do with the truck not starting.

Are you using this procedure to program the key fobs?

It's the one I used for my '04 when I bought two new remotes. Funny, though, the factory one wouldn't program, but I had bought a new pair so that's all I needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic