2000 Tahoe Drivers Seat Movement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Firewolf

Reaction score
I have a 2000 Tahoe with power seats. My issue is the drivers seat moves about an inch, forward and backwards. When I accelerate, it slides back, maybe an inch or so. When I brake, it slides forward just the same. I can move it by hand when the truck is off too. The track mounted to the floor is solid, not loose at all. Has anyone had this problem before? Any help is greatly appreciated. Ill try and post a video when I get home. Thanks Y'all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Firewolf

Firewolf

Reaction score
Really?!? No input whatsoever?

OP
OP
Firewolf

Firewolf

Reaction score
Gotcha. Thanks for the info!

BlenderWizard

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
my seat back moves a bit when I stop or take off. Think this would cure my problem, too?

OP
OP
Firewolf

Firewolf

Reaction score
I imagine it would

mdnitedrftr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very common problem. As mentioned before, the stock rubber bushings wear away and allow the slop in the seat track. The new kit comes with plastic/nylon bushings which should last indefinitely. Its an easy, but time consuming fix.

BlenderWizard

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I could take that seat apart blindfolded at this point. You have no idea the ordeal I'm still going through to get that bastard to work right

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy