2000 NBS Blue Steel Burban Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I love dodge. Was looking for a 4th gen hemi when I "came across" my Tahoe. Always had great luck and experience with dodge. Probably what I'll get when I sell the Tahoe. I always go back and forth dodge and gm lol.

OP
OP
00'BlueSteel

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a Black 2000 OBS 1500 Sport 2wd 5.9 with all the Mopar goodies from the dealer. Picked it up with 0 miles on it, drove it 2 years transmission went out and I wanted 4wd, so I traded it for a Red 99 1500 4wd 5.9 4.10. It was a blast, had that truck for 3 years put 3 transmissions in it and 4 power steering pumps. I went muddling a lot, finally the front mainseal on the transmission blew one day and all the fluid ran out in the driveway, needless to say I replaced it with a low mile junkyard trans and sold it to a highschool kid for cheap. So I was in the market for a new to me truck and was heading off to help clean up Hurricane Katrina so I picked up a Silver 2003 2500 H/O Cummings 4 door long bed, was a short bus more or less. Put a trans in it just after passing the 1 year mark, now that truck did nothing but get hammered on and tow way more weight than it should have been.

Welp pulled the trigger on the cluster, went with the navy Escalade with red needles, got tracking an hour after placing the order says it should be here next week.

Wheels and tires are finally in route to Mickey Thompson, apparently I’ve been playing the backorder game, Jegs tells me one thing, Mickey Thompson says something else, but finally confirmed today the wheels are in fact in route to Mickey Thompson and should be here soon....so tired of the wheel backorder ********. Seems like if you dont buy wheels that are in hand you end up waiting forever, is it that hard to know when your shit will show up and when I can have it shipped to me. Like damn how do wheel companies get this big and not understand how to manage when their products are instock or not. Just tell me its not in stock, tell me there is a P.O. for more to be manufactured, the due date for manufacturing is XX/XX, so if you order now they will not be able to ship them until XX/XX. And then let me decide if I want to wait or not. But no they just take your order tell you 2 weeks and then every 2 weeks from then on its just ooops our bad it will be 2 more weeks. Arrrrrghghghghghggg hahahahaha lol rant over.

Found a white HD hood 30miles from me $200 only has 2 very small rock dents in the middle section needs paint anyway So I am not worried about the small dents. Good deal or naw? They are hard to find around here.
B020D776-CE2E-4C6D-AAAF-64FFEF6E403A.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Had a Black 2000 OBS 1500 Sport 2wd 5.9 with all the Mopar goodies from the dealer. Picked it up with 0 miles on it, drove it 2 years transmission went out and I wanted 4wd, so I traded it for a Red 99 1500 4wd 5.9 4.10. It was a blast, had that truck for 3 years put 3 transmissions in it and 4 power steering pumps. I went muddling a lot, finally the front mainseal on the transmission blew one day and all the fluid ran out in the driveway, needless to say I replaced it with a low mile junkyard trans and sold it to a highschool kid for cheap. So I was in the market for a new to me truck and was heading off to help clean up Hurricane Katrina so I picked up a Silver 2003 2500 H/O Cummings 4 door long bed, was a short bus more or less. Put a trans in it just after passing the 1 year mark, now that truck did nothing but get hammered on and tow way more weight than it should have been.

Welp pulled the trigger on the cluster, went with the navy Escalade with red needles, got tracking an hour after placing the order says it should be here next week.

Wheels and tires are finally in route to Mickey Thompson, apparently I’ve been playing the backorder game, Jegs tells me one thing, Mickey Thompson says something else, but finally confirmed today the wheels are in fact in route to Mickey Thompson and should be here soon....so tired of the wheel backorder ********. Seems like if you dont buy wheels that are in hand you end up waiting forever, is it that hard to know when your shit will show up and when I can have it shipped to me. Like damn how do wheel companies get this big and not understand how to manage when their products are instock or not. Just tell me its not in stock, tell me there is a P.O. for more to be manufactured, the due date for manufacturing is XX/XX, so if you order now they will not be able to ship them until XX/XX. And then let me decide if I want to wait or not. But no they just take your order tell you 2 weeks and then every 2 weeks from then on its just ooops our bad it will be 2 more weeks. Arrrrrghghghghghggg hahahahaha lol rant over.

Found a white HD hood 30miles from me $200 only has 2 very small rock dents in the middle section needs paint anyway So I am not worried about the small dents. Good deal or naw? They are hard to find around here.
View attachment 199958
Compared to what people want for the hoods, it's a pretty decent deal. I'd get it.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 199958
Go get it, from wut ive heard thats good

OP
OP
00'BlueSteel

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
White and blue match...

I don’t think I could do it, maybe sand it down and hit it with some of the blue I have in spray cans or just remember that my paint gun is suppose to be shipping soon so I might be able to just paint it myself. I was planning on doing the mirrors, front and rear bumpers, and the grille this summer so why not add a hood to the mix. Also need to do mirrors, door handles, hood, bumper, fender, and front half of the roof on my fiancées Sonata.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14