2 Way advanced remote help (Yukon)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How can I tell if I have the AP8 option installed? I have a 2011 Yukon with the power steps and power gatelift and remote start. The only option I didnt get was the Blind spot alert to my knowledge. I wish they would have told me about a better two way remote option.

Please provide the last 8-digits of your VIN and I will reply with a build sheet for your vehicle.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Louis can I PM you my VIN number so you can give me the correct part number as well?

doubletapdrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have remote start you won't have AP8, you'll have AP3. AP8 is also known as the "remote start accomodations package" to make it easier to add remote start later on vehicles that came without it.
Not sure why but sometime in2011 (i think?) they dropped that 2-way advanced remote.

If you have a smartphone and OnStar you can download the OnStar app free and that'll allow you to remote start, lock/unlock doors and check their status, honk the horn/set off the alarm, check tire pressure and fuel level, from anywhere in the world. Well, anywhere you can get a cell or WiFi signal. Maybe they dropped the advanced remote to get folks to sign up for OnStar. Who knows.

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Well crap..
Still want Louis to confirm.

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Damn......
Well my car is at the dealership ill get it to you tomorrow

Forum statistics

Threads