2.5 / 1.5 lift gained 3.5 / 2.5 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigBlueBlah

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I was finally able to install the lift I bought this summer into my 2007 Suburban. It's Supreme Suspension kit; billet upper and rear spacers. What I ordered was 2.5 front (upper style), 1.5 rear.

What I gained though was 3.5 front and 2.5 in the rear at the wheelwell. I don't know if I was sent the wrong kit or what. The kit did not include diff spacers.

I know the rating of the lift isnt a direct equal to the thickness of the strut spacer. Unfortunately I didnt think to measure the front spacers before putting them in. Stuffing a ruler up in the strut pocket it appears the spacer is 1.5". The rears are 1.5" as well.

Can someone with an actual 2.5 front tell me what their upper spacers measure?

I started at front/rear 36"/37.5, now at 39.5"/40.25". We did Air Lift bags in back right away too, so some of the rear may be those.

I love the look, but I ordered 2.5 to stay within reason on the ball joint and CV angles, but Im betting that's out the window. UCAs are 1/8" off the droop stops if not laying on them. Just the drive home knocked the dirt and scale off the stops. Part of this project was replacing the UCAs, which are just stock replacements. I have not been in for a realignment yet. They're adjusted to where they had been.

Advice for me other than don't drive it until they're pulled back out?

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I don't have front spacers to measure but the top mount versions are 1:1 for lift height. The top measure exact what the spacers measures 2.5" = 2.5". The lowers are 2:1 such as 1" spacer equals 2" lift.

The rear probably has some help from the bags. Make sure there set at 5 psi or below. I usually ran mine around 3 psi.

Sounds like the front angles might be a little stretched. I would have opted for lift arms if doing the 2.5" kit. Post some pics of the angles and measure the fenders again after driving it around some.

OP
OP
B

BigBlueBlah

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I talked to a tech at the company today. He indicated the rears are 1:1 as expected. Front upper spacers are not 1:1. The 2.5 lift is created by a 1.5 spacer. A 3" is created by a 1.8".

My spacer measures 1.5 as best as I can tell shoving a ruler up in next to it.

He said its not uncommon to gain 3" on the 2.5 initially until the alignment is redone and its had a chance to settle in a bit. The 3.5" on my truck surprised him as well.

At this point I'll go ahead with the alignment and see what happens.

I would still like to hear if others have had anything similar happen with their installs.

Thanks

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didnt do the before and after , but i went out and measured it just now.

My front fender from ground w/33" duratracs is about 39.5 and from center hub is almost 24"

Rear from ground is close to 41" (w/33s) and from center hub its about 24.75"

Give or take a tiny bit its dark out lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shahid