2/4 drop performance w/ 9 passengers? Passed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2016 Tahoe LTZ autoride with 2/4 drop (without free travel mod) worked great with 9 passengers. Autoride kicked-in to maintain lowered height and gave us a comfortable and smooth ride throughout our travels. I'm a happy camper!

tbordenet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm guessing you would like the ride even more with free travel mod. It does improve the up travel. I didn't do mine right away but after I did I was glad I did it.

Rich16LTZ

Reaction score
2016 Tahoe LTZ autoride with 2/4 drop (without free travel mod) worked great with 9 passengers. Autoride kicked-in to maintain lowered height and gave us a comfortable and smooth ride throughout our travels. I'm a happy camper!
Could you provide a picture of your autoride adjustment link? Or PM it to me. I think mine's a little off since it seems I only got about 2 1/2 inches out of my 3 1/2 inch drop. May have to adjust mine. TIA

tbordenet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you put the coil spacer above and below the rear coil? Each of them is about an inch thick. I have rubber hose on my spring above and below. I have messed around with the rear links way to much, I think they are 2.75 inches center to center. Meaning center of the plastic ball in the link on both ends.

Rich16LTZ

Reaction score
Did you put the coil spacer above and below the rear coil? Each of them is about an inch thick. I have rubber hose on my spring above and below. I have messed around with the rear links way to much, I think they are 2.75 inches center to center. Meaning center of the plastic ball in the link on both ends.
I have the hose on the top side only and the spacer in the bottom until I go 4 1/2 with the free travel mod and remove the spacer. I'll have to measure mine, see where they're set. Hadn't thought about doing the hose on the bottom when the spacer comes off, Tony never mentioned doing that.

OP
OP
16blkltz

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you provide a picture of your autoride adjustment link? Or PM it to me. I think mine's a little off since it seems I only got about 2 1/2 inches out of my 3 1/2 inch drop. May have to adjust mine. TIA

I've tried to look through all the photos on my iphone for the pics I took while adjusting the autoride links but I couldn't find them. It's possible I took them with a normal camera, so I'll check when I get home from work. It's been awhile but if I remember correctly, I first adjusted my links to the value that someone (may have been Tony from Norcal) suggested somewhere in this forum. I later cut them shorter because the air compressor still came on.

One thing I also did with the rear wheels off was I disconnected the lower part of the airshock from the lower bracket, remove autoride links/rods, then jacked the rear end up until the chassis came off the jackstands. Then I started the Tahoe, and moved the autoride sensor slowly until the air compressor came on. And then marked the rods and cut accordingly.

OP
OP
16blkltz

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How the hell did you manage 9 passengers? Bunch of little kids?

LOL

- 4 slim teenagers in 3rd row. Their butts were not side-by-side (someone had to sit on front edge of seat)

- 3 adults middle row (captains seats so someone was on the floor...and they claimed they were comfortable)

- 2 adults front row

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHNorthWoods