2/3 Drop ... Does this sound right?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ferr1s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Bro,

I'm planning on lowering my '04 4.8L 2wd Tahoe in the next little bit. I think I've decided on 2" Drop spindles up front (McGaughy) and probably 3" Drop (Belltech) in the rear. I'd like to keep the factory shocks for a bit longer since I only have 35k on the Hoe. I believe I need to get the drop shackles as well to give it the full 3" drop. I'm content with the factory ride and I think that this setup would keep that from what I've read. So far so good?

Any thoughts of what else I may need to consider in addition to these parts or different parts all together? I've even considered a 3/4, but am a bit hesitant at this point as it's my DD and the WAF (wife approval factor) is being taken into consideration. Any setups that would allow me to go back and forth between both? I figure the Drop spindles would give me 2" and I could crank the Torsion Keys to get another 1" if I wanted. The back would be the area I would need the further adjustment, if I went that route. Let me know prices too, please. I've heard your the guy to hit up for a good drop.

Thanks man.

(ps- I'll be doing front & rear swaybars w/ poly bushings after the drop. I was thinking Eibach's since I've used them on some other cars I had. Any opinions as to what may work better on the Hoe would be appreciated.)

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
no in rear all you need is the belltech kit ill shoot you a price. its springs adjustable 3-4 inches and shock extenders. It will let you keep your stock shocks on.

a djm 3/5 will drive better than a 2/3 set up you talking about in the rear. The new djm trailblazer 4 inch drop springs will lower it 5 inches but ride better than the belltech 3-4 inch rear set up. also the front djm 3 inch a arms you lose no turning radius and can use a 16 inch tire. Ill shoot you a price for both

OP
OP
ferr1s

ferr1s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Man

Hey Tony,

Thanks for the insight. You've given me some great options. I'll be hitting you up in a bit to get the drop.

Ferris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danepfalgout